Nurse Case Manager
Writing a great nurse case manager resume is important because it is one of the first things a potential employer will see when they are considering you for a position. It is your opportunity to make a good first impression and sell yourself as the best candidate for the job.
Create your resume
Select from 7 professional resume templates
If you're looking for inspiration when it comes to drafting your own nurse case manager resume, look no further than the samples below. These resumes will help you highlight your experience and qualifications in the most effective way possible, giving you the best chance of landing the nurse case manager job you're after.
firstname.lastname@example.org | (563) 586-4614 | Bennington, VT
I am a nurse case manager with over three years of experience in the healthcare industry. I have a strong passion for helping others, and I enjoy working with patients to ensure that they receive the best possible care. I am an excellent communicator and have a proven track record of coordinating care between different medical providers. I am also experienced in insurance billing and coding, as well as patient advocacy.
Nurse Case Manager at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Vermont, VTMay 2022 - Present
- Led a team of 4 nurses in providing care for 100 patients with chronic conditions.
- Successfully reduced hospital readmissions by 20% over 6 months.
- Implemented a new discharge planning process that decreased length of stay by 2 days.
- Decreased patient complaints by 50% over 3 months.
- Authored an article on best practices in nursing case management that was published in the Journal of Nursing Administration.
- Presented at 5 national conferences on topics related to nursing case management.
Nurse Case Manager II at MVP Health Care, VTSep 2019 - Apr 2022
- Led a team of nurse case managers who successfully reduced hospital readmissions by 18%.
- Implemented a new discharge planning process that shortened patient length of stay by an average of 3 days.
- Negotiated with insurance companies to get coverage for necessary treatments and home health services.
- Successfully advocated for individual patients with complex needs, resulting in improved quality of life and satisfaction scores.
- Trained other nurses on how to effectively use the electronic medical record system (EMR).
Bachelor of Science in Nursing at University of Vermont, VTSep 2014 - May 2019
Patience, critical thinking, problem solving, teamwork, and effective communication.
- Case management
- Patient advocacy
- Interpersonal skills
- Organizational skills
- Time management
email@example.com | (178) 952-0089 | Des Moines, IA
I am a highly experienced nurse case manager with over three years of experience in the field. I have worked extensively with patients and families to provide support and guidance through difficult times, as well as coordinating care between various medical professionals. I am passionate about my work and take pride in providing quality care for my patients. I am also proficient in Spanish, which has been invaluable in communicating with non-English speaking patients and their families.
Nurse Case Manager at Broadlawns Medical Center, IAApr 2022 - Present
- Reduced hospital admissions by 20% for patients with chronic heart failure.
- Developed and implemented a care plan that resulted in a 50% reduction in ER visits for patients with COPD.
- Coordinated home health services for 100+ patient cases per month.
- Assisted in the development of discharge planning protocols that reduced length of stay by an average of 3 days.
- Monitored progress of 200+ assigned clients monthly and provided updates to primary care physicians as needed.
- Trained 5 new nurse case managers on departmental procedures.
Nurse Case Manager II at Mercy Medical Center, IASep 2019 - Mar 2022
- Reduced length of stay for patients by an average of 3 days.
- Increased patient satisfaction scores by 15%.
- Developed and implemented a new discharge planning process that reduced readmission rates by 10%.
- Coordinated care for 100+ patients with complex medical needs.
- Led team of 5 case managers in providing high-quality patient care.
- Wrote grants totaling $1 million to fund new programs and initiatives.
Bachelor of Science in Nursing at University of IowaAug 2015 - May 2019
I have learned how to effectively communicate with patients, families, and other healthcare professionals; how to provide high-quality, compassionate nursing care; and how to use critical thinking and clinical reasoning skills to provide the best possible care for my patients.
- Case Management
- Patient Advocacy
- Communication Skills
- Organizational Skills
- Time Management Skills