Writing a great nurse anesthetist resume is important because it is one of the first things a potential employer will see when they are considering you for a position. It is your opportunity to make a good first impression and sell yourself as the best candidate for the job.
Create your resume
Select from 7 professional resume templates
If you're looking for inspiration when it comes to drafting your own nurse anesthetist resume, look no further than the samples below. These resumes will help you highlight your experience and qualifications in the most effective way possible, giving you the best chance of landing the nurse anesthetist job you're after.
email@example.com | (595) 787-0140 | Detroit, MI
Nurse Anesthetist at AANA, IDMar 2022 - Present
- I successfully completed over 1,000 anesthetizations during my first year of practice.
- I administered general anesthesia to a patient with a difficult airway who had previously been intubated three times without success.
- I co-managed a case involving severe mitral valve insufficiency and left ventricular dysfunction with cardiac surgery that resulted in the successful repair of the valve and restoration of normal heart function.
- In one month, I increased the number of cases per day by 10% while maintaining quality care and safety standards.
- Within six months of joining the team, I was promoted to lead CRNA due to my high level of clinical competence and leadership potential.
- As lead CRNA, I oversaw all aspects of anesthesia care for our facility including staffing levels, equipment maintenance & procurement, budgeting.
Lead Nurse Anesthetist at NBCRNA, IDSep 2018 - Mar 2022
- Led team of nurse anesthetists in delivering care to over 1,000 patients per year.
- Implemented new protocols that improved patient outcomes by 25%.
- Trained and mentored 5 new nurse anesthetists.
- Conducted research on latest anesthesia techniques and equipment.
- Presented at national conference on advances in anesthesia care delivery.
- Served as liaison between hospital administration and nursing staff on matters related to anesthesia care.
Senior Nurse Anesthetist at ASANA, IDJul 2015 - Aug 2018
- Provided anesthesia for over 1,000 surgeries.
- Trained and supervised 5 new nurse anesthetists.
- Implemented a new protocol that decreased the rate of postoperative nausea and vomiting by 25%.
- Led a study on the effects of different types of music on surgical patients which was published in The Journal of Nursing Research.
- Presented at 3 national conferences on topics related to nurse anesthesia practice.
- Authored 2 chapters in leading textbooks on nurse anesthesia.
Master of Science in Nurse Anesthesia at Duke University, NCSep 2011 - May 2015
Some skills I've learned are how to better manage my time, how to better communicate with others, and how to better understand and empathize with others.
- Anatomy and Physiology
firstname.lastname@example.org | (596) 601-1454 | Rutland, VT
Nurse Anesthetist at Dartmouth-Hitchcock, VTMay 2022 - Present
- Provided anesthesia for over 1,000 surgeries.
- Led the development of a new pain management program that reduced post-operative pain by 30%.
- Successfully implemented a time-out procedure to ensure patient safety during surgery.
- Trained 5 new nurse anesthetists.
- Acted as preceptor to 20 nursing students interested in becoming CRNAs.
- Authored 3 articles on trends in anesthesia.
Lead Nurse Anesthetist at University of Vermont Medical Center, VTSep 2020 - Apr 2022
- Led a team of 5 nurse anesthetists in providing anesthesia care for 500 surgical procedures over the course of 6 months.
- Successfully completed 100% of all cases without any complications.
- Reduced average length of stay by 30% compared to previous year through implementation of new discharge protocol.
- Decreased number of cancellations due to lack of staff by 50% through improved staffing and scheduling practices.
- Achieved 95th percentile or higher on patient satisfaction surveys for 4 consecutive quarters.
Senior Nurse Anesthetist at Central Vermont Medical Center, VTJul 2015 - Aug 2020
- Led a team of 5 nurse anesthetists in providing care for 500 surgical patients over the course of 6 months.
- Successfully implemented a new anesthesia protocol that resulted in a 10% decrease in postoperative complications.
- Trained 2 new nurse anesthetists on the use of propofol infusion pumps.
- Presented at 3 national conferences on the topic of regional anesthesia.
- Authored 2 peer-reviewed articles on novel approaches to managing difficult airways.
- Served as preceptor for 4 Nurse Anesthesia students.
Master of Science in Nurse Anesthesia at Dartmouth College, Hanover, NHAug 2010 - May 2015
Some skills I have learned are how to better assess a patient's condition, how to better manage pain, and how to better understand the physiology of anesthesia.
- Critical Care Medicine
- Pain Management