email@example.com | (494) 244-8774 | Holyoke, MA
I am a Network Security Analyst with over 5 years of experience. I have extensive experience in network security and have worked with some of the largest companies in the world. I have a strong understanding of networking protocols and can easily identify security risks. I also have a good working knowledge of firewalls and intrusion detection systems.
Network Security Analyst at Cisco, MAJun 2022 - Present
- Successfully led the implementation of a new network security system that increased protection by 30% and reduced costs by $50,000 annually.
- Successfully identified and resolved 10 critical security vulnerabilities in company’s network, preventing costly data breaches.
- Created comprehensive documentation for all current networks systems and procedures which improved team efficiency by 20%.
- Streamlined network monitoring processes resulting in detecting threats 50% faster.
- Implemented 2-factor authentication system company-wide which prevented 100% of unauthorized access attempts.
Network Security Associate at Symantec, MASep 2017 - Apr 2022
- Led the development of a network security strategy that increased companywide protection against external threats by 85%.
- Implemented innovative new techniques for identifying and thwarting potential attacks, resulting in a decrease in successful cyberattacks by 72%.
- Created and enforced strict policies governing employee access to sensitive data, halving the number of data breaches over a two-year period.
- Trained other members of the IT team on best practices for network security, raising overall awareness and knowledge levels throughout the department.
- Actively monitored incoming traffic for signs of suspicious activity, intercepting and mitigating attempted attacks on average twice per week.
Bachelor of Science in Network Security at Boston College, MAAug 2013 - May 2017
Some skills I've learned areTCP/IP and OSI models, firewalls, IDS, cryptography, and PKI.
- Intrusion Detection/Prevention Systems
- Security Protocols (e.g., SSL, IPSec)
- Encryption Technologies (e.g., AES, RSA)
- Identity and Access Management systems (e.g., LDAP, Active Directory) • Vulnerability Assessment tools (e.g., Nessus, QualysGuard)
firstname.lastname@example.org | (205) 753-8549 | Rock Hill, SC
I am a Network Security Analyst with over 5 years of experience. I have worked in various industries and have gained a wealth of knowledge in network security. I am well-versed in all aspects of network security, including firewalls, intrusion detection/prevention systems, and encryption technologies. I also have experience with vulnerability assessments and penetration testing tools. In addition to my technical skills, I also possess strong analytical and problem-solving abilities which allow me to effectively identify and resolve complex issues.
Network Security Analyst at Booz Allen Hamilton, SCApr 2022 - Present
- Defined and implemented security policies for the organization, which reduced the number of security breaches by 35%.
- Monitored network activity to identify potential threats and vulnerabilities, and took appropriate action to mitigate them.
- Conducted regular risk assessments of the network infrastructure and recommended improvements to senior management.
- Implemented a new intrusion detection system, which led to a decrease in incidents of unauthorized access by 50%.
- Trained junior staff members on best practices for network security monitoring and incident response.
- Documented all procedures related to network security analysis, including incident handling.
Network Security Associate at Northrop Grumman, SCSep 2017 - Mar 2022
- Successfully installed and configured new software for the company’s network security system, which increased protection against possible cyber-attacks by 50%.
- Successfully completed a risk analysis of the company’s current network security system, which led to the implementation of additional measures that reduced the overall risk by 75%.
- Successfully implemented a new access control policy for the company’s network, which limited user access to only those resources that were necessary for their job function. This resulted in a reduction in potential unauthorized access points by 60%.
- Created and maintained documentation for all aspects of the company’s network security system, including policies, procedures, diagrams, etc. This ensured that all staff members were aware of best practices and could easily reference information when needed.
- Responded to incidents involving possible breaches of network security; conducted thorough investigations and took appropriate actions to mitigate risks/damages. In one instance successfully prevented data loss totaling $1 million USD through quick thinking and application of industry standard protocols.
Bachelor of Science in Network Security at Clemson UniversityAug 2013 - May 2017
The skills I've learned while studying Bachelor of Science in Network Security are: risk assessment, identifying vulnerabilities, securing networks, and incident response.
- Network Security
- Intrusion Detection/Prevention Systems (IDS/IPS)
- Virtual Private Networks (VPNs)
- Secure Sockets Layer (SSL)/Transport Layer Security(TLS) protocols • Public Key Infrastructure (PKI), including digital certificates and encryption