Writing a great millwright resume is important because it is one of the first things a potential employer will see when they are considering you for a position. It is your opportunity to make a good first impression and sell yourself as the best candidate for the job.
Create your resume
Select from 7 professional resume templates
If you're looking for inspiration when it comes to drafting your own millwright resume, look no further than the samples below. These resumes will help you highlight your experience and qualifications in the most effective way possible, giving you the best chance of landing the millwright job you're after.
email@example.com | (102) 344-0093 | Birmingham, AL
I am a Millwright with over 4 years of experience in the field. I have worked on a variety of projects, both big and small. I have gained a strong understanding of how to properly install and maintain machinery. I take pride in my work and always strive to do the best job possible.
Millwright at Hoskins Millwright Services, ALMar 2022 - Present
- Installed a new conveyor belt in the packaging department of a food processing plant.
- Assembled and installed a new production line in a factory.
- Installed machinery and equipment according to blueprints and specifications.
- Aligned, leveled, and calibrated machines and equipment.
- Set up power transmission systems, including V-belts, flat belts, pulleys.
Apprentice Millwright at Kinetic Millwright Services, ALAug 2018 - Jan 2022
- Assembled and installed over 100 pieces of machinery.
- Read and interpreted blueprints to determine the best way to assemble machines.
- Aligned and balanced large wheels and pulleys.
- Set up jigs and fixtures to help with the assembly process.
- Trained 2 other apprentices in millwrighting techniques.
High School Diploma at Hoover High School, ALSep 2014 - May 2018
I've learned how to study for and take tests, how to do research, and how to write papers.
- Reading blueprints
- Using hand and power tools
- Assembling machinery
- Installing equipment
- Aligning machines
- Troubleshooting issues
- Repairing broken parts
firstname.lastname@example.org | (439) 395-9813 | Omaha, NE
I am a Millwright with over 4 years of experience. I have worked in various industries and have gained a wealth of knowledge in this field. I am skilled in installation, repair, and maintenance of machinery and equipment. I possess excellent problem solving skills and can troubleshoot issues quickly and efficiently. I work well independently as well as part of a team. My goal is to provide quality workmanship that meets or exceeds the expectations of my clients
Millwright at Kimball Equipment, NEMar 2022 - Present
- Successfully installed and maintained over 100 pieces of production machinery.
- Repaired broken or damaged equipment quickly and efficiently, reducing downtime by an average of 20%.
- Read and interpreted blueprints, schematics, and manuals to determine work procedures.
- Operated cutting torches, welding machines, grinders, and other tools to repair or fabricate metal parts.
- Installed new equipment following specifications and using hand tools, power tools, cranes, forklifts & other heavy machinery.
- Worked with a team of engineers & technicians to install complex systems.
Apprentice Millwright at JEO Consulting Group, NESep 2018 - Mar 2022
- Installed and repaired various types of machinery in a factory setting.
- Worked with other millwrights to assemble large machines.
- Read and interpreted blueprints to determine the best way to install or repair a machine.
- Lifted heavy equipment and tools using cranes, hoists, and pulleys.
- Operated power tools such as drills, saws, welding torches, etc.
- Performed regular maintenance on machines to prevent breakdowns.
High School Diploma at Lincoln High School, NESep 2014 - May 2018
Some skills I've learned are time management, working independently, and taking initiative.
- Reading blueprints and schematics
- Operating power tools, hand tools, and welding equipment
- Lifting heavy objects
- Assembling machinery
- Installing or repairing conveyor systems
- Performing routine maintenance on machines
- Troubleshooting mechanical problems