Writing a great metal fabricator resume is important because it is one of the first things a potential employer will see when they are considering you for a position. It is your opportunity to make a good first impression and sell yourself as the best candidate for the job.
Create your resume
Select from 7 professional resume templates
If you're looking for inspiration when it comes to drafting your own metal fabricator resume, look no further than the samples below. These resumes will help you highlight your experience and qualifications in the most effective way possible, giving you the best chance of landing the metal fabricator job you're after.
firstname.lastname@example.org | (905) 162-6576 | Louisville, KY
I am a Metal Fabricator with over 4 years of experience in the industry. I have worked on projects of all sizes, from small residential jobs to large commercial contracts. My skills include reading and understanding blueprints, operating welding equipment, performing metal fabrication tasks, and working safely at all times. I am a reliable team player who is always willing to go above and beyond to get the job done right.
Metal Fabricator at Bluegrass Industrial Park, KYMar 2022 - Present
- Cut, shaped and welded metal to create a variety of products according to specifications.
- Read and interpreted blueprints or welding diagrams to determine the specific metals needed for each project.
- Operated power tools such as plasma cutters, lathes and grinders in order to fashion metal pieces into the required shape.
- Inspected completed projects to ensure that they met all blueprint specifications and quality standards.
- Repaired damagedmetal products by cutting out sections, welding on new pieces and sanding down rough edges.
Metal Fabricator Trainee at Louisville-Jefferson County Riverport Authority, KYSep 2018 - Mar 2022
- Cut and welded metal components to fabricate metal parts according to blueprints.
- Trained in operating various machines such as shears, brake presses, and welding equipment.
- Assembled fabricated parts into products.
- Inspected completed products for defects.
- Helped other team members when needed.
High School Diploma at University of Kentucky, KYAug 2013 - May 2018
I've learned how to manage my time, how to study for exams, and how to do research.
- Joining metals together
- Assembling products
- Finishing touches
email@example.com | (826) 091-2103 | Kansas City, KS
As a metal fabricator with over three years experience, I have gained a vast array of skills in the field. I am able to read and interpret blueprints, as well as use various machines and tools to cut, bend and shape metals. My welding skills are top-notch, allowing me to create both structural and cosmetic welds. In addition to being efficient and safety-conscious, I take pride in my workmanship – ensuring that every piece meets or exceeds the expectations of my clients.
Metal Fabricator at Hays Steel Corporation, KSApr 2022 - Present
- Cut and welded steel beams to create the frame of a new building.
- Created metal sculptures for a local art gallery.
- Fabricated custom metal parts for a car manufacturer.
- Designed and installed an ornamental iron fence around a historic home.
Metal Fabricator Trainee at Valley Steel Corporation, KSJul 2019 - Mar 2022
- Cut and welded various metals to create metal fabrications.
- Installed finishings on metal products, such as paint or powder coating.
- Assembled completed metal fabrications.
- Inspected finished products for defects or discrepancies.
- Loaded and unloaded materials onto trucks or other conveyances using a crane, forklift, or other machinery.
- Maintained cleanliness in the work area.
High School Diploma at Shawnee Mission East High School, KSAug 2015 - May 2019
I've learned how to study for exams, how to do research, and how to write essays.
- Metal Fabrication
- Joining metals