Writing a great membership director resume is important because it is one of the first things a potential employer will see when they are considering you for a position. It is your opportunity to make a good first impression and sell yourself as the best candidate for the job.
Create your resume
Select from 7 professional resume templates
If you're looking for inspiration when it comes to drafting your own membership director resume, look no further than the samples below. These resumes will help you highlight your experience and qualifications in the most effective way possible, giving you the best chance of landing the membership director job you're after.
firstname.lastname@example.org | (756) 647-6041 | Manchester, NH
I am an experienced Membership Director with over 8 years of experience in membership and program management. I have a proven track record of successfully creating and executing strategies to increase membership numbers and drive revenue growth. I am adept in developing and maintaining relationships with members, creating and implementing effective marketing campaigns, and managing budget and resources. I am also a skilled communicator who is adept in collaborating with colleagues and stakeholders, as well as advocating for members and engaging them in activities and programs. My goal is to continue to use my expertise and experience to ensure the success of membership programs.
Membership Director at The Nature Conservancy, NHApr 2022 - Present
- Recruited 100 new members in one month.
- Onboarded 75% of new members within 30 days.
- Retained 85% of membership from previous year.
- Increased member satisfaction by 10%.
- Decreased member churn rate by 5%.
Senior Membership Director at The Trust for Public Land, NHJul 2021 - Mar 2022
- Led a team of 5 membership coordinators and increased membership by 15%.
- Implemented new customer service initiatives that resulted in a 20% decrease in complaints.
- Negotiated discounts with vendors that saved the organization $5,000 per year.
- Wrote successful grant proposals totaling $10,000 for new programming.
- Developed and implemented a social media marketing plan that increased website traffic by 25%.
Associate Membership Director at New Hampshire Audubon, NHJul 2015 - Jun 2021
- Increased membership by 10% through effective marketing and outreach initiatives.
- Developed and implemented successful membership retention strategy, resulting in a 5% decrease in churn.
- Led team of 4 Membership Associates to successfully meet all departmental goals.
- Managed budget of $100,000 for the department with no overages or underspending.
- Negotiated discounts with vendors which saved the organization $5,000 annually.
Master of Science in Membership Management at Dartmouth College, NHAug 2011 - May 2015
Through my coursework in the Master of Science in Membership Management program, I have gained skills in data analysis, membership marketing, and member retention.
- Interpersonal skills
- Organizational skills
- Event planning and coordination
- Marketing and sales experience
- Budgeting and financial management
email@example.com | (150) 385-8514 | Sioux Falls, SD
As a Membership Director with over 8 years of experience, I have extensive knowledge in managing and developing membership programs for a variety of organizations. I am an innovative and creative thinker who has a passion for developing meaningful relationships with members and creating engaging membership experiences. My experience with cultivating and maintaining relationships with existing members, identifying and recruiting new members, and developing and executing membership promotional campaigns has enabled me to drive successful membership programs. I am also highly skilled in data analysis and reporting, budgeting and forecasting, and utilizing technology to optimize processes. Throughout my career, I have successfully increased membership engagement and retention as well as revenue growth. I am driven to create and implement highly successful membership programs that benefit both the organization and its members.
Membership Director at AARP, SDMar 2022 - Present
- Grew membership by 20% in first year.
- Increased renewal rate from 60% to 80%.
- Recruited and trained 50 new volunteers.
- Developed and implemented a new marketing campaign that generated 500 new inquiries.
- Created and oversaw the implementation of a successful social media strategy that led to a 10x increase in web traffic.
- Designed and managed special events for high-profile members which resulted in 100% satisfaction rating.
Senior Membership Director at National Association of Realtors, SDJul 2019 - Jan 2022
- Led a team of membership directors that increased members by 15%.
- Negotiated and created partnerships with other organizations which led to an increase in revenue by 20%.
- Wrote proposals that resulted in the acquisition of 3 new corporate sponsorships.
- Created and implemented a customer retention strategy that decreased churn rate by 10%.
- Defined company-wide KPIs for measuring success of membership initiatives.
- Presented at national conferences on behalf of the organization.
Associate Membership Director at American Association of Insurance Services, SDJul 2015 - May 2019
- Negotiated and created partnerships with various membership organizations which increased our members by 12%.
- Wrote proposals to various foundations that secured $250,000 in funding for new programs.
- Led a team of 5 staff members and 2 interns in executing successful recruitment campaigns that recruited 1,500 new members.
- Managed the creation of all marketing collateral for membership initiatives including development and implementation of an email campaign strategy that resulted in a 15% increase in click-through rates.
- Implemented a social media strategy on Facebook and Twitter which grew our followers by 20% and led to a 10% increase in website traffic from social media channels.
Master of Science in Membership Director at University of South Dakota, SDSep 2010 - May 2015
Through my Master's program, I have learned how to manage a team, create and execute membership plans, and cultivate relationships with members.
- Customer service
- Event planning