Writing a great media buyer resume is important because it is one of the first things a potential employer will see when they are considering you for a position. It is your opportunity to make a good first impression and sell yourself as the best candidate for the job.
Create your resume
Select from 7 professional resume templates
If you're looking for inspiration when it comes to drafting your own media buyer resume, look no further than the samples below. These resumes will help you highlight your experience and qualifications in the most effective way possible, giving you the best chance of landing the media buyer job you're after.
firstname.lastname@example.org | (532) 627-5982 | Lincoln, NE
I am a media buyer with over three years of experience in the industry. I have worked with some of the largest brands and agencies in the world, and have a proven track record of success. I am an expert at negotiating rates, planning campaigns, and managing budgets. I am also proficient in all major ad platforms, including Google AdWords, Facebook Ads, and Snapchat Ads. In addition to my Media Buying experience, I also have a degree in Marketing from XYZ University
Media Buyer at KETV, NEMar 2022 - Present
- Negotiated and purchased ad space in print, broadcast, online, and outdoor media outlets on behalf of clients.
- Developed relationships with key sales representatives at various media outlets to secure the best rates for ad placement.
- Wrote proposals and presentations outlining proposed advertising campaigns for potential and existing clients.
- Researched target audiences for client products/services and selected appropriatemedia vehicles to reach those audiences most effectively.
- Monitored ongoing campaigns to ensure ads were running as scheduled and made adjustments as necessary.
- Analyzed campaign results (e.g., web traffic, leads generated) to determine effectiveness of placements.
Assistant Media Buyer at WOWT, NEAug 2019 - Mar 2022
- Negotiated and secured ad placements on behalf of clients in various print, online, broadcast, and out-of-home media outlets.
- Developed relationships with key personnel at advertising agencies and media organizations.
- Wrote proposals outlining campaign strategies and estimated costs to present to clients.
- Monitored client campaigns to ensure that they were running according to plan and making the desired impact.
- Made recommendations for changes or adjustments to campaigns based on analysis of data.
- Kept up-to-date on industry trends and best practices.
Bachelor of Science in Advertising at University of Nebraska-LincolnSep 2014 - May 2019
Some skills I've learned are effective communication, working in a team, time management, and critical thinking.
- Time Management
email@example.com | (562) 191-0000 | Detroit, MI
A Media Buyer with over 3 years of experience in the industry. I have a proven track record of success in planning and executing media buying strategies that align with business objectives while staying within budget. My knowledge of various media platforms, including digital, print, television, and radio allows me to create customized plans that deliver results. I am also an expert at negotiating rates and finding creative solutions to meet client needs.
Media Buyer at WPP, MIMar 2022 - Present
- Negotiated and purchased ad space in print, broadcast, online, mobile, out-of-home media for clients.
- Developed relationships with key personnel at various media outlets.
- Wrote proposals to present to clients outlining proposed advertising campaigns.
- Monitored campaign performance and made recommendations for optimization.
- Prepared post-campaign reports detailing results and insights.
Assistant Media Buyer at Omnicom, MIAug 2019 - Jan 2022
- Negotiated and purchased ad space in print, online, and broadcast media outlets on behalf of clients.
- Planned and executed advertising campaigns from start to finish within budget constraints.
- Monitored campaign performance metrics and provided detailed reports to clients outlining results.
- Researched target audiences for assigned projects and selected appropriate media channels to reach them effectively.
- Wrote persuasive copy for ads that generated high levels of customer engagement.
- Collaborated with design team members to develop creative concepts for ad campaigns.
Bachelor of Science in Advertising at University of MichiganAug 2015 - May 2019
I have learned to be creative, to think outside the box, to come up with new ideas, and to sell those ideas to others.
- Time Management