Writing a great media assistant resume is important because it is one of the first things a potential employer will see when they are considering you for a position. It is your opportunity to make a good first impression and sell yourself as the best candidate for the job.
Create your resume
Select from 7 professional resume templates
If you're looking for inspiration when it comes to drafting your own media assistant resume, look no further than the samples below. These resumes will help you highlight your experience and qualifications in the most effective way possible, giving you the best chance of landing the media assistant job you're after.
email@example.com | (158) 834-8413 |
I have over 1 year of experience working as a Media Assistant. In this role, I was responsible for assisting the media team with all aspects of their work, including research, planning and execution of projects. I was also responsible for maintaining relationships with clients and vendors, as well as providing administrative support to the team. Through my work on various projects, I have gained valuable experience in the field of media which has allowed me to develop strong research and writing skills.
Media Assistant at KWQC-TV6, IAApr 2022 - Present
- Wrote and distributed monthly newsletter to 500 subscribers.
- Wrote 150 blog posts averaging 600 words each.
- Managed social media accounts for 3 clients, growing followers by 10% on average per month.
- Assisted in planning and executing 5 successful promotional events with attendance ranging from 75-200 people.
- Implemented new marketing strategy that increased web traffic by 15% within 2 months.
- Negotiated deals with vendors resulting in cost savings of 20% or more.
Media Assistant II at WQAD-TV, IAAug 2021 - Mar 2022
- Wrote and distributed press releases for company events which resulted in an increase of media coverage by 20%.
- Arranged and conducted interviews with members of the press which led to more positive relationships with journalists.
- Monitored social media platforms for mentions of the company, alerting senior staff to any negative sentiment.
- Ideated and executed promotional campaigns on various social media platforms resulting in a 10% uptick in web traffic.
- Researched new opportunities for marketing and outreach initiatives, saving the company $5,000 per month.
- Wrote copy for website pages, brochures, email newsletters, and other marketing materials.
Associate of Arts in Journalism at Drake University, IAAug 2016 - May 2021
I have learned how to research, interview, write and edit stories, take photos, and use social media to share content.
- Adobe Creative Suite
- Microsoft Office
- Social media platforms
- Content management systems (CMS)
- Photography and video editing software
- Audio production software
firstname.lastname@example.org | (418) 276-2209 | Grand Rapids, MI
I am a Media Assistant with over 1 year of experience. I have worked in both the public and private sectors, and have gained valuable skills in media relations, social media management, event planning, and more. I am a motivated individual who is always looking for new opportunities to learn and grow. I would be an asset to any organization that is looking for someone with strong communication skills and a passion for the industry.
Media Assistant at WXYZ-TV, MIJun 2022 - Present
- Wrote and distributed press releases to local, state, and national media outlets.
- Monitored news stories related to the organization and shared relevant information with staff members.
- Developed relationships with key members of the media which led to increased coverage of the organization’s work.
- Helped organize a successful media event that generated positive publicity for the organization.
- Wrote articles for the organization’s newsletter which helped increase readership by 25%.
Media Assistant II at WWJ-TV, MIAug 2021 - Apr 2022
- Wrote and distributed daily news releases, resulting in an average of 15 placements per release.
- Developed strong relationships with key media contacts, growing the list from 20 to 50 over the course of a year.
- Ideated and executed social media campaigns that increased engagement by 10% month-over-month.
- Successfully pitched stories to top-tier outlets including The New York Times, Wall Street Journal and Forbes, generating millions of dollars in earned media value.
- Managed day-to-day operations for a team of three junior publicists.
Associate of Arts in Journalism at Central Michigan UniversitySep 2016 - May 2021
I have learned how to research, write and edit stories, as well as how to use different media platforms to disseminate my work.
- After Effects
- Premiere Pro
- Final Cut Pro