Writing a great marine resume is important because it is one of the first things a potential employer will see when they are considering you for a position. It is your opportunity to make a good first impression and sell yourself as the best candidate for the job.
Create your resume
Select from 7 professional resume templates
If you're looking for inspiration when it comes to drafting your own marine resume, look no further than the samples below. These resumes will help you highlight your experience and qualifications in the most effective way possible, giving you the best chance of landing the marine job you're after.
firstname.lastname@example.org | (998) 246-5026 | Bismarck, ND
I have over 4 years of experience as a Marine. I am an expert in maritime law and have worked extensively with the US Coast Guard. I have also worked with other government agencies, including the Department of Homeland Security and the Federal Emergency Management Agency.
Marine Engineer at Northrop Grumman, NDMay 2022 - Present
- Led a team of engineers in developing a new propulsion system for Navy vessels that reduced fuel consumption by 20%.
- Successfully implemented changes to the design of the engine room on Navy ships that increased efficiency and resulted in cost savings of $1 million per year.
- Created a new maintenance schedule for Navy engines that decreased downtime by 30%.
- Rewrote the specifications for procurement of shipboard engineering equipment, resulting in a 15% reduction in costs.
- Led an investigation into a series of failures of diesel generators on Navy ships, identified the root cause, and developed corrective action plan that prevented future failures.
Marine Technician at General Dynamics, NDAug 2018 - Apr 2022
- Serviced and repaired over 100 outboard motors.
- Installed over 75 boat stereos.
- Rebuilt 3 lower units.
- Replaced the engines on 2 boats.
- Completed factory training for Mercury, Yamaha, and Honda outboards.
High School Diploma at Central High School, NDSep 2014 - May 2018
I've learned how to study for and take tests, how to do research, and how to write papers.
- First Aid
email@example.com | (926) 806-1434 | Bennington, VT
I have over 4 years of experience as a Marine. I am a highly decorated and skilled individual with extensive training in combat, strategy, and leadership. I have been deployed to many different countries and regions, including Iraq, Afghanistan, and the Horn of Africa. I am extremely adaptable to new environments and thrive under pressure. My experiences have taught me how to be calm in chaotic situations and how to think quickly on my feet. In addition to my military experience, I also hold a Bachelor's degree in International Relations from Georgetown University
Marine Engineer at Northrop Grumman Sperry Marine, VTMay 2022 - Present
- Led a team of engineers in developing a new marine propulsion system that increased fuel efficiency by 15%.
- Successfully completed the design and construction of a new class of naval vessel on time and within budget.
- Reduced maintenance costs for a fleet of vessels by 20% through the implementation of innovative engineering solutions.
- Improved shipyard productivity by 25% through process improvements and streamlining production schedules.
- Demonstrated expertise in troubleshooting complex technical problems related to maritime operations.
- Authored numerous papers on topics related to marine engineering, which have been published in leading industry journals.
Marine Technician at Raytheon Anschütz, VTAug 2018 - Mar 2022
- Led a team of 4 technicians in the repair and maintenance of 8 F/A-18 Hornets, ensuring that all aircraft were ready for flight.
- Performed scheduled and unscheduled maintenance on engines, hydraulic systems, landing gear, avionics, and other components with zero safety incidents.
- Trained 2 new technicians on proper maintenance procedures and troubleshooting techniques.
- Completed all paperwork associated with repairs accurately and in a timely manner.
- Developed strong working relationships with pilots to ensure their input was considered in maintaining the aircraft.
- Investigated 3 potential causes of engine failure during flights which led to modifications being made to prevent future failures.
High School Diploma at Champlain Valley Union High School, Hinesburg, VTSep 2013 - May 2018
I have learned how to read, write, and do math.
- First Aid/CPR
- Weather Forecasting
- Boat Maintenance