email@example.com | (373) 590-9346 | 1401 W Broadway, Columbia, MO 65203, USA
Managing Editor at Springfield Business Journal, MOMar 2022 - Present
- Hired and managed a team of 3 editors, who edited an average of 10 stories per day.
- Cut editing costs by 20% through process improvements.
- Increased accuracy of edits by 10%.
- Trained 2 new editors in the company style guide.
- Led weekly editorial meetings with staff of 15.
Senior Managing Editor at St. Louis Business Journal, MOSep 2020 - Jan 2022
- Hired and managed a team of 15 editors, who increased the accuracy of stories by 25%.
- Cut costs by 20% while still increasing production values.
- Led training sessions for new hires on company style guide and best practices.
- Won 2 awards for excellence in editing from industry peers.
Associate Managing Editor at Kansas City Business Journal, MOJul 2015 - Jul 2020
- Led a team of 10 editors in revising and publishing a daily newspaper with a circulation of 100,000.
- Cut costs by 15% while increasing revenues by 10%.
- Hired and trained 5 new editors.
- Wrote or edited at least 50 stories per week.
- Managed the workflow for all editorial content.
Bachelor of Science in Journalism at University of MissouriAug 2011 - May 2015
I've learned how to write stories, interview people, and use different multimedia platforms to tell stories.
- Project management
- Budgeting and financial planning
- People skills
firstname.lastname@example.org | (183) 113-5621 | St. Paul, MN
Managing Editor at Pioneer Press, MNApr 2022 - Present
- Cut publication costs by 15% through efficient management of staff and resources.
- Increased viewership/readership by 20% due to successful implementation of new marketing strategies.
- Led a team of 30+ editors and writers, ensuring all deadlines were met and content was high-quality.
- Wrote or edited at least 50 articles per month, with a 95% accuracy rate.
- Managed social media accounts for the publication, gaining 500+ followers in 6 months.
- Trained 4 junior editors, who are now successfully managing their own teams.
Senior Managing Editor at Star Tribune, MNJul 2019 - Mar 2022
- Wrote and edited stories that were shared widely across the internet, resulting in an increase in web traffic by 25%.
- Led a team of 10 writers and editors to produce daily content for a website with 1 million unique visitors per month.
- Ideated, wrote, and published articles that increased social media engagement by 20%.
- Trained junior staff on writing techniques, copy editing, fact checking procedures etc.
- Managed budgets and invoicing for editorial department; saved $5000 over 6 months through efficient cost management.
- Negotiated contracts with vendors and service providers; reduced costs by 15% while maintaining quality standards.
Associate Managing Editor at Minneapolis Business Journal, MNAug 2015 - May 2019
- Led a team of 4 editors and 2 assistant editors, overseeing the daily operations of a busy newsroom.
- Cut costs by 15% while increasing productivity by 10%.
- Wrote and edited stories that won 3 Pulitzer prizes.
- Grew online traffic to the website by 20%.
- Negotiated contracts with 5 major publishers.
Bachelor of Science in Journalism at University of MinnesotaSep 2011 - May 2015
I have learned to communicate effectively, both in written and verbal form.
- Project management
- Time management