Writing a great manager trainee resume is important because it is one of the first things a potential employer will see when they are considering you for a position. It is your opportunity to make a good first impression and sell yourself as the best candidate for the job.
Create your resume
Select from 7 professional resume templates
If you're looking for inspiration when it comes to drafting your own manager trainee resume, look no further than the samples below. These resumes will help you highlight your experience and qualifications in the most effective way possible, giving you the best chance of landing the manager trainee job you're after.
email@example.com | (686) 271-6642 | Atlanta, GA
I am a Manager Trainee with over 3 years of experience. I have an extensive background in customer service and sales, as well as management. I am a highly motivated individual who is always looking for new opportunities to learn and grow. I am confident in my ability to lead and motivate others, and I am always willing to go the extra mile to get the job done right.
Manager Trainee at Kroger, GAJun 2022 - Present
- Led a team of 5 in developing a new product line that increased company profits by 15%.
- Trained and developed 10 employees, resulting in a 25% decrease in turnover.
- Implemented new customer service policies that improved customer satisfaction ratings by 20%.
- Negotiated with vendors to reduce costs of materials by 10%, saving the company $100,000 annually.
- Developed and implemented a marketing campaign that generated $1 million in sales within 6 months.
Assistant Manager Trainee at Macy's, GAAug 2019 - Apr 2022
- Successfully completed training program and was promoted to Assistant Manager.
- Increased sales by X% in first month as Assistant Manager.
- Successfully implemented new marketing campaign which increased customer traffic by X%.
- Decreased shrinkage/theft by X% in first 6 months as Assistant Manager.
- Trained and developed 4 new employees who are now productive members of the team.
- Maintained store budget within specified guidelines.
Bachelor of Science in Business Administration at University of Georgia, GAAug 2014 - May 2019
Some skills I've learned are: critical thinking, data analysis, effective communication, and time management.
- Interpersonal skills
- Organizational skills
- Time management
- Conflict resolution
- Decision making
firstname.lastname@example.org | (210) 640-9675 | Sioux Falls, SD
I am a Manager Trainee with over 3 years of experience in the retail industry. I have successfully completed training programs and have been promoted to management positions within my company. I possess strong leadership skills, excellent communication abilities, and proven organizational skills. I thrive in fast-paced environments and enjoy working with people. My goal is to continue developing my skills so that I can contribute to the success of my organization.
Manager Trainee at Walmart, SDJun 2022 - Present
- Led a team of 4 in successfully completing a project ahead of schedule and under budget.
- Trained 2 new employees, resulting in increased productivity on the team by 25%.
- Negotiated with vendors to save the company 10% on supplies.
- Wrote 3 proposals that were accepted by clients, generating $15,000 in new revenue for the company.
- Developed a system for tracking employee vacation days which saved the HR department 5 hours per week.
Assistant Manager Trainee at Target, SDSep 2019 - May 2022
- Trained and developed 5 new employees, resulting in a 25% increase in productivity.
- Led the team to achieve monthly sales targets for 3 consecutive months.
- Implemented a new customer service strategy that reduced complaints by 50%.
- Negotiated with suppliers to get better terms and prices, saving the company 10% on costs.
- Created and ran weekly reports on department performance metrics.
Bachelor of Science in Business Administration at University of South DakotaSep 2015 - May 2019
I've learned how to manage and run a business effectively and efficiently.
- Time Management
- Conflict Resolution
- Training and Development
- Employee Relations