Writing a great logistics manager resume is important because it is one of the first things a potential employer will see when they are considering you for a position. It is your opportunity to make a good first impression and sell yourself as the best candidate for the job.
Create your resume
Select from 7 professional resume templates
If you're looking for inspiration when it comes to drafting your own logistics manager resume, look no further than the samples below. These resumes will help you highlight your experience and qualifications in the most effective way possible, giving you the best chance of landing the logistics manager job you're after.
firstname.lastname@example.org | (219) 308-2562 | Springdale, AR
I am a Logistics Manager with over 5 years of experience. I have managed the logistics for a variety of businesses, including manufacturing, retail, and food service. I have an in-depth knowledge of supply chain management and transportation systems. I am highly efficient in managing inventory levels and coordinating shipments. I have excellent communication skills and can effectively manage both internal and external stakeholders.
Logistics Manager at J.B. Hunt Transport, ARJun 2022 - Present
- Reduced transportation costs by 15% through route optimization and carrier negotiations.
- Implemented a new warehouse management system that increased order accuracy from 85% to 95%.
- Decreased inventory levels by 10% without impacting customer fill rates.
- Led a cross-functional team in developing a new product launch plan that decreased time to market by 30 days.
- Trained and developed 3 direct reports, who were subsequently promoted into managerial roles.
- Defined scope and requirements for a $2M logistics automation project; successfully implemented on-time and under budget.
Assistant Logistics Manager at Swift Transportation, ARSep 2017 - May 2022
- Negotiated with vendors to lower costs by 15%, saving the company $100,000 annually.
- Created a new system for tracking inventory that reduced errors by 25%.
- Developed a training program for new employees that decreased onboarding time by 50%.
- Led team of 10 in developing an efficient warehouse layout that increased productivity by 20%.
- Implemented a just-in-time delivery schedule that lowered transportation costs by 10%.
- Designed and implemented a employee incentive program which boosted morale and retention rates.
Bachelor of Science in Logistics Management at University of ArkansasSep 2013 - May 2017
I have learned how to manage the logistics of a business by organizing the storage and transportation of goods.
- Supply chain management
- Inventory management
- Transportation management
- Warehouse management
- Distribution logistics
- Customer service
- Project Management
email@example.com | (448) 494-9967 | 1250 S Pine Island Rd, Plantation, FL 33324
I have over 5 years of experience as a Logistics Manager. I am responsible for the coordination and implementation of logistics operations. My duties include planning, organizing and controlling the transportation of goods. In addition, I also manage warehouse operations and inventory control.
Logistics Manager at UPS, FLMar 2022 - Present
- Led a team of 12 in the development and implementation of a new inventory management system that increased efficiency by 25%.
- Slashed production costs by 15% through effective logistics planning.
- Negotiated shipping contracts with 3 major carriers, resulting in an annual savings of $120,000.
- Created a tracking system for high-value shipments that reduced loss or damage claims by 75%.
- Developed relationships with key suppliers which resulted in expedited delivery times on critical components by 30%.
Assistant Logistics Manager at FedEx, FLAug 2017 - Jan 2022
- Led a team of 4 logistics coordinators and 2 warehouse associates.
- Negotiated shipping contracts with 3 different vendors, resulting in an annual savings of $12,000.
- Implemented a new inventory management system that reduced stock levels by 10% and increased accuracy by 15%.
- Coordinated the receiving, warehousing, and distribution of goods for a company with 50+ SKUs and 200+ monthly shipments.
- Developed Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for all logistical processes including order fulfillment, returns/exchanges, shipping/receiving etc.
- Trained new hires on all aspects of the logistics department.
Bachelor of Science in Logistics Management at University of FloridaAug 2013 - May 2017
I have learned to be organized, efficient and to pay attention to detail.
- Organizational skills
- Communication skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Time management
- Negotiation skills
- Conflict resolution