Licensed Practical Nurse
Writing a great licensed practical nurse resume is important because it is one of the first things a potential employer will see when they are considering you for a position. It is your opportunity to make a good first impression and sell yourself as the best candidate for the job.
Create your resume
Select from 7 professional resume templates
If you're looking for inspiration when it comes to drafting your own licensed practical nurse resume, look no further than the samples below. These resumes will help you highlight your experience and qualifications in the most effective way possible, giving you the best chance of landing the licensed practical nurse job you're after.
email@example.com | (165) 920-9829 | 1234 E Main St
I am a Licensed Practical Nurse with over 3 years of experience in the healthcare industry. I have worked in various settings, including hospitals, clinics, and home health care agencies. I have provided direct patient care to adults and children of all ages. I am skilled in administering medications, performing wound care, and providing emotional support to patients and their families. I am dedicated to providing high-quality patient care and strive to create a positive impact on the lives of those I serve.
Licensed Practical Nurse at Aurora Health Care, WIMay 2022 - Present
- Assisted in the care of 30 patients per shift, on average.
- Monitored and recorded patient vital signs every 4 hours.
- Administered medications to patients as prescribed by physicians.
- Assisted with wound care for 10-15 patients per day.
- Provided education to patients and families about various diseases and treatments.
- Performed physical assessments on new admissions.
Licensed Practical Nurse II at Advocate Aurora Health, WIAug 2019 - Apr 2022
- Provided direct patient care to assigned patients, including but not limited to bathing, grooming, oral hygiene, dressing changes and toileting.
- Monitored and recorded vital signs such as blood pressure, temperature and respiration rate.
- Assisted with medical procedures such as wound care dressings/debridement’s, catheter insertions/removals & intubations.
- Administered medications (oral , topicals , IM) per physician orders & policy.
- Educated patients & families on disease process , post-operative instructions & medication administration.
Licensed Practical Nurse Diploma at Waukesha County Technical College, Waukesha, WISep 2015 - May 2019
I have learned how to provide care to patients, how to administer medication, how to perform CPR, and how to work with a team.
- Patient care
- Medication administration
- Wound care
- IV therapy
- Blood draws
firstname.lastname@example.org | (823) 827-5856 | Helena, MT
Over 3 years of experience as a Licensed Practical Nurse. I have worked in various settings, including hospitals, clinics, and home health care agencies. I am skilled in providing direct patient care, administering medications and treatments, documenting patients' progress notes, and coordinating with other members of the healthcare team. I am passionate about delivering high-quality nursing care to my patients and their families.
Licensed Practical Nurse at St. Vincent Healthcare, MTMay 2022 - Present
- Assisted in the delivery of 15 babies.
- Taught a CPR class to 20 people.
- Helped a patient quit smoking by providing resources and support.
- Wrote 10 care plans for patients with chronic conditions.
- Trained 5 new nurses on proper charting techniques.
- Successfully completed 1,000 hours of clinical rotation.
Licensed Practical Nurse II at Billings Clinic, MTJul 2019 - Apr 2022
- Provided direct patient care to assigned patients, including but not limited to bathing, hygiene, vital signs, and ambulation.
- Monitored and recognized changes in patients' condition and notified supervising RN or physician.
- Administered prescribed medications (oral, subcutaneous injection, intramuscular injection) per facility policy.
- Assisted with admissions/discharges of patients as needed.
- Participated in daily interdisciplinary team rounds for assigned patients.
- Provided education to patient/family on disease process & self-care management.
Licensed Practical Nurse Diploma at Montana State University, Bozeman, MTSep 2014 - May 2019
I've learned how to provide care to patients, how to administer medication, how to take vital signs, and how to document patient care.
- Patient care
- Interpersonal skills