Writing a great lathe machinist resume is important because it is one of the first things a potential employer will see when they are considering you for a position. It is your opportunity to make a good first impression and sell yourself as the best candidate for the job.
Create your resume
Select from 7 professional resume templates
If you're looking for inspiration when it comes to drafting your own lathe machinist resume, look no further than the samples below. These resumes will help you highlight your experience and qualifications in the most effective way possible, giving you the best chance of landing the lathe machinist job you're after.
email@example.com | (103) 533-0382 | 2240 West 4th Street, Los Angeles, CA
I am a lathe machinist with over three years of experience. I have operated various types of lathes, including CNC and manual machines. I am able to read blueprints and follow instructions in order to produce parts that meet specifications. In addition, I have experience inspecting finished products for quality control purposes.
Lead Lathe Machinist at Delta Industrial, LAApr 2022 - Present
- Trained and supervised a team of 4 machinists.
- Increased production by 30% through process improvements.
- Implemented new safety procedures that reduced accidents by 50%.
- Developed and implemented a training program for new hires that shortened the learning curve by 2 weeks.
- Negotiated with vendors to get better prices on raw materials, saving the company $5,000 per month.
Senior Lathe Machinist at Ex-Cell-O, LAJul 2019 - Mar 2022
- Set up and operated a lathe to turn, bore, thread, form or face metal workpieces with speed and precision.
- Cut workpieces to specified lengths using power feed mechanisms and hand-operated controls.
- Calculated dimensions and tolerances using knowledge of mathematics and instruments such as micrometers.
- And calipers.
- Inspected finished products for smoothness, contour conformity, size accuracy. Used various measuring tools.
- Rejected defective parts.
- Kept working area clean.
High School Diploma at Louisiana State University, LASep 2015 - May 2019
I've learned how to effectively communicate with others, how to problem-solve, and how to manage my time wisely.
- Manual Machining
- Lathe Operation
firstname.lastname@example.org | (648) 701-0551 | 862 W. 7th St. Suite B,
I have over three years of experience as a lathe machinist. I am skilled in operating and setting up various machines, including CNC lathes. I have a strong understanding of blueprint reading and GD&T. My attention to detail ensures that all products are manufactured to the highest quality standards. I work well independently or as part of a team.
Lead Lathe Machinist at D&D Machine Products, INMar 2022 - Present
- Led team of 3 machinists in production of 50 custom-ordered parts per day.
- Machined 100% accurate parts within customer specified timeframe.
- Trained 2 new employees on proper operation of lathe machines.
- Developed and implemented new process for streamlining workflow by 20%.
- Actively troubleshot issues with machinery, reducing downtime by 30%.
- Maintained cleanliness and organization of work area.
Senior Lathe Machinist at Gibbs Machinery Company, INJul 2019 - Jan 2022
- Led a team of machinists in the production of high-precision components for use in aircraft engines, achieving a 98% on-time delivery rate.
- Trained three new junior machinists, reducing the department's turnover rate by 33%.
- Developed and implemented a new process for streamlining the lathe setup procedure, resulting in a 25% decrease in overall production time.
- Reduced scrap rates by 15% through careful quality control procedures during the machining process.
High School Diploma at Ben Davis High School, Indianapolis, INSep 2014 - May 2019
Some skills I've learned are time management, organization, and how to study effectively.
- Lathe operation
- CNC programming
- Blueprint reading
- Quality control