email@example.com | (135) 170-8765 | 6161 Delmar Blvd, St. Louis, MO 63112
Lead Language Specialist at Berlitz, MOApr 2022 - Present
- Led a team of language specialists in developing new teaching methods for English learners that increased test scores by 15% within one year.
- Created and implemented a successful marketing campaign that increased sales by 20%.
- Wrote and published a book on effective language learning techniques that has sold over 100,000 copies worldwide.
- Led a team of developers in creating an innovative new software application that is now used by millions of people around the world.
- Trained hundreds of employees in using new software applications, resulting in smoother workflows and more efficient operations.
Senior Language Specialist at Babbel, MOSep 2020 - Mar 2022
- Led a team of 5 language specialists in developing training materials for a new software application used by the company.
- Trained over 100 employees on the use of the new software application.
- Developed and implemented a quality assurance program for the translation department that increased accuracy by 25%.
- Led a team of 10 translators in translating documents from English to Spanish for a major client project.
- Negotiated discounts with 3 different vendors, resulting in an annual savings of $15,000.
Language Specialist II at TransPerfect, MOAug 2015 - Jul 2020
- Negotiated and executed a $1 million contract with the State Department.
- Led a team of 4 analysts in providing daily language support to clients.
- Authored or co-authored 3 reports on country conditions for asylum seekers.
- Provided interpretation services for high-level meetings between government officials.
- Managed a caseload of 100+ active client files.
Master of Arts in Linguistics at Washington University in St. LouisSep 2011 - May 2015
I have learned how to research, analyze, and write about language.
- Cross-cultural communication
- Language teaching
firstname.lastname@example.org | (236) 147-4641 | 711 E Broadway, Louisville, KY 40202, USA
Lead Language Specialist at Bilingual Solutions, KYMar 2022 - Present
- Led a team of language specialists in creating translations for a new software product, resulting in the successful launch of the product in multiple markets.
- Created and implemented a training program for new hires that improved efficiency and quality of work.
- Developed process improvements that increased departmental productivity by 15%.
- Negotiated with vendors to secure better rates and services, saving the company $5,000 per month.
- Wrote proposals that secured 3 major contracts worth over $1 million each.
- Managed complex projects with tight deadlines, ensuring all deliverables were met on time.
Senior Language Specialist at Language Link, KYSep 2020 - Mar 2022
- Led a team of 4 language specialists in developing training materials for new employees.
- Created and implemented a new process for quality assurance that increased accuracy by 15%.
- Trained 10 employees on the use of the company's software products.
- Developed documentation for 5 software products.
- Translated 3 technical manuals from English to Spanish.
Language Specialist II at The Language Company, KYSep 2015 - Aug 2020
- Successfully interpreted for high-level business meetings between Japanese and English speakers, facilitating communication and helping to close deals worth millions of dollars.
- Translated documents from Japanese to English and vice versa with 100% accuracy, including complex technical manuals and legal contracts.
- Successfully completed a 3-month intensive course in Advanced Translation Studies at XYZ University.
- Assisted in developing new language training programs for employees as part of the company’s Diversity & Inclusion Initiative.
- Conducted research on various topics related to the history, culture, politics, economy etc. of Japan which was used by the company to inform their strategies for doing business in that country.
- Organized and led weekly conversation groups for employees who were learning Japanese.
Master of Arts in Linguistics at University of KentuckyAug 2010 - May 2015
I have learned how to analyze and describe language data, how to design and conduct linguistic research, and how to apply linguistic knowledge to real-world problems.
- Fluent in at least two languages
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to translate complex concepts
- Strong research skills
- Cultural awareness and sensitivity
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite or similar software