Writing a great housing specialist resume is important because it is one of the first things a potential employer will see when they are considering you for a position. It is your opportunity to make a good first impression and sell yourself as the best candidate for the job.
Create your resume
Select from 7 professional resume templates
If you're looking for inspiration when it comes to drafting your own housing specialist resume, look no further than the samples below. These resumes will help you highlight your experience and qualifications in the most effective way possible, giving you the best chance of landing the housing specialist job you're after.
email@example.com | (172) 267-2176 | Lincoln, NE
I am a housing specialist with over 1 year of experience working in the field. I have helped numerous clients find and secure housing, as well as providing them with support and resources to maintain their tenancy. I am knowledgeable about affordable housing programs and regulations, and have a strong commitment to helping low-income individuals and families access safe, quality housing. In my previous role, I also provided case management services to clients, which included assisting with budgeting, goal setting, and connecting them to community resources. I am an excellent communicator and work well independently or as part of a team.
Housing Specialist at Habitat for Humanity, NEMar 2022 - Present
- Negotiated and secured funding for the construction of 500 new units of low-income housing.
- Led the development team that created a successful plan for the rehabilitation of 1,000 units of existing public housing stock.
- Oversaw the creation and implementation of a new program to provide rental assistance to homeless families.
- Successfully advocated for changes in zoning laws to allow for increased density in multifamily developments.
- Worked with city officials to create incentives for developers building mixed-use, transit-oriented projects including affordable housing components.
- Spearheaded efforts resulting in $20 million dollars being allocated towards repairing substandard privately owned homes occupied by low income residents.
Assistant Housing Specialist at Lutheran Social Services of Nebraska, NEAug 2021 - Mar 2022
- Negotiated and created 10 new leases with local landlords, providing safe and affordable housing for families in need.
- Led weekly case management meetings with 15 participants, helping them to connect with resources and develop action plans.
- Conducted outreach at local community events to promote the program and recruit new participants.
- Collaborated with team of 5 staff members to create annual budget of $200,000.
- Wrote 3 successful grant proposals totaling $75,000 in funding for the program.
- Assisted in developing a curriculum for financial literacy classes offered through the program.
High School Diploma at Lincoln High School, Lincoln, NEAug 2017 - May 2021
I've learned how to study for and take tests, how to do research, and how to write papers.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Basic math skills including addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, percentages etc.
- Familiarity with computers for data entry purposes.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office products (Word/Excel) is preferred but not required
- Ability to work independently with little supervision
firstname.lastname@example.org | (255) 895-0090 | Irving, TX
I am a housing specialist with over 1 year of experience in the industry. I have worked extensively with low-income families and individuals to help them find affordable housing options that meet their needs. I am knowledgeable about government programs and regulations related to housing, and I have a strong commitment to helping those in need access safe, decent, and affordable homes. In my previous role as a Housing Specialist at XYZ Agency, I helped clients navigate the complex process of finding and applying for suitable housing assistance programs. I also provided support during lease negotiations and move-in processes, ensuring that clients were able to secure quality homes that met their budget constraints. My ability to build relationships with clients and work collaboratively with other professionals has allowed me to effectively advocate on behalf of my clients throughout the entire process – from application through move-in day.
Senior Housing Specialist at Apartment Guide, TXMay 2022 - Present
- Negotiated and procured $2.5 million in funding for the development of senior housing complex.
- Developed and implemented a marketing strategy that resulted in a 20% increase in occupancy rates.
- Successfully navigated city zoning regulations to obtain permits for construction.
- Led team of 15 employees responsible for daily operations of senior housing facility.
- Implemented new customer service initiatives that improved resident satisfaction ratings by 25%.
Housing Specialist at Rent.com, TXJul 2021 - Mar 2022
- Negotiated and executed leases with landlords on behalf of the city, totaling $1 million in value.
- Advocated for and secured funding from the city council for a new homeless shelter.
- Worked with architects and engineers to design a new low-income housing development.
- Managed construction of a 50-unit affordable housing complex.
- Implemented policy changes that led to an increase in occupancy rates at all city-owned housing developments by 5%.
High School Diploma at Highland Park High School, TXSep 2016 - May 2021
I've learned how to study for, take, and pass tests and exams.
- Ability to read and interpret housing blueprints
- Ability to operate hand and power tools
- Ability to perform minor repairs on homes
- Ability to communicate effectively with homeowners
- Knowledge of local building codes and ordinances
- Familiarity with HUD guidelines
- Experience working with low-income families