Writing a great housing counselor resume is important because it is one of the first things a potential employer will see when they are considering you for a position. It is your opportunity to make a good first impression and sell yourself as the best candidate for the job.
Create your resume
Select from 7 professional resume templates
If you're looking for inspiration when it comes to drafting your own housing counselor resume, look no further than the samples below. These resumes will help you highlight your experience and qualifications in the most effective way possible, giving you the best chance of landing the housing counselor job you're after.
email@example.com | (621) 361-9912 | Rogers, AR
I am a housing counselor with over 1 year of experience. I have worked extensively with clients to help them find and maintain affordable housing. I have also provided counseling on budgeting, credit repair, and other financial matters related to homeownership. In addition, I have conducted workshops on fair housing rights and responsibilities. My goal is always to help my clients obtain and keep safe, decent, and affordable housing.
Housing Counselor at Homeownership Counseling Services, ARApr 2022 - Present
- Assisted 50 clients with housing counseling services.
- Helped 30 low-income families secure affordable housing.
- Provided information and resources to help 20 families avoid foreclosure.
- Educated 15 landlords on their rights and responsibilities under the Fair Housing Act.
- Investigated 10 complaints of discrimination in housing.
- Trained 5 new staff members on fairhousing laws and best practices for serving clients.
Associate Housing Counselor at Home Free USA, ARJul 2021 - Mar 2022
- Aided in the development of 50+ housing counseling programs across the country.
- Trained over 500 counselors on program administration and operations.
- Served as liaison between HUD field offices and local grantees.
- Monitored compliance with federal regulations for all aspects of program operation.
- Reviewed individual client files to assess need for services and recommend next steps.
- Successfully closed out 10 grants totaling $2.5 million.
Housing Counselor Certificate at University of ArkansasAug 2017 - May 2021
I've learned how to provide housing counseling services to low- and moderate-income households.
- Ability to provide clear and concise information
- Ability to work with clients in a respectful and professional manner
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of client information
- Knowledge of community resources available for housing assistance
- Familiarity with different types of mortgages and loan products offered by lenders
- Understanding of the foreclosure process, including alternatives to avoid foreclosure such as loan modification or short sale options
- Ability to assess a client’s financial situation and develop a budget
firstname.lastname@example.org | (575) 542-7753 | Phoenix, AZ
I have over 1 year of experience as a Housing Counselor. I've helped clients with budgeting, credit repair, and finding affordable housing options. I'm knowledgeable about government assistance programs like Section 8 and the Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP). I'm also proficient in Microsoft Office applications and research skills.
Housing Counselor at Neighborhood Housing Services of Phoenix, AZMay 2022 - Present
- Counseled an average of 30 clients per month on housing options, budgeting, and credit repair.
- Assisted an average of 10 clients per month with applications for government assistance programs.
- Negotiated with landlords on behalf of tenants to lower rent prices or improve living conditions in 12 cases.
- Helped 5 first-time homebuyers navigate the purchase process and obtain financing.
- Wrote 2 successful grant proposals that resulted in a total of $30,000 in funding for low-income housing initiatives.
- Trained 4 new counseling staff members on best practices.
Associate Housing Counselor at Neighborhood Services, Inc., AZAug 2021 - Mar 2022
- Assisted 50 families with housing counseling services.
- Provided information and resources to help families find affordable housing options.
- Helped families fill out applications for government assistance programs.
- Negotiated with landlords on behalf of tenants to resolve issues such as repairs, rent increases, and evictions.
- Worked with property managers and owners to develop new affordable housing units.
- Assisted in the development of a community garden project for low-income residents in the area.
Housing Counselor Certificate at Pima Community College, Tucson, AZAug 2016 - May 2021
I have learned how to communicate with clients, how to assess client's needs, and how to provide resources and referrals to clients.
- Housing Counseling
- Financial Literacy
- Credit Repair
- Mortgage Modification
- Default Prevention
- Tenant/Landlord Mediation