Writing a great history teacher resume is important because it is one of the first things a potential employer will see when they are considering you for a position. It is your opportunity to make a good first impression and sell yourself as the best candidate for the job.
Create your resume
Select from 7 professional resume templates
If you're looking for inspiration when it comes to drafting your own history teacher resume, look no further than the samples below. These resumes will help you highlight your experience and qualifications in the most effective way possible, giving you the best chance of landing the history teacher job you're after.
email@example.com | (391) 813-7862 | Richmond, VA
I have over three years of experience teaching history in a high school setting. I am passionate about my subject and enjoy sharing that passion with students. I believe that every student can learn, and it is my job to find ways to help each one reach his or her potential. In addition to being a teacher, I am also a historian myself, and have published several articles on various aspects of American history.
History Teacher at Colonial Williamsburg, VAMay 2022 - Present
- Taught high school students grades 9-12.
- Developed and taught curriculum for 4 years.
- Led professional development workshops for fellow history teachers.
- Organized field trips to historical sites and museums for students.
- Wrote grants to fund educational programs and resources.
Assistant History Teacher at American Civil War Museum, VASep 2019 - Apr 2022
- Led a successful field trip to the local museum with 30 students.
- Designed and implemented a new curriculum for AP US History.
- Created engaging lesson plans that resulted in 100% of students passing state standardized tests.
- Advised the school’s history club, which won first place at the regional competition.
- Collaborated with colleagues to develop an after-school tutoring program for struggling students.
- Wrote grants that secured $5,000 in funding for classroom resources.
Bachelor of Arts in History at University of VirginiaSep 2015 - May 2019
I have learned how to research, read and analyze primary and secondary sources, and write essays and papers on a variety of topics.
- Critical Thinking
firstname.lastname@example.org | (213) 483-6386 | Jackson, MS
I have over three years of experience teaching history in a high school setting. I am passionate about my subject and enjoy sharing that passion with students. I believe that every student has the ability to learn and succeed, and it is my job to help them reach their potential. I am knowledgeable about a variety of historical topics and eras, and use engaging methods to bring the material to life for my students. In addition to being an effective teacher, I am also able to relate well with teenagers and build positive relationships with them.
History Teacher at Mississippi Department of Education, MSApr 2022 - Present
- Taught high school history for 10 years.
- Developed and taught new curriculum based on state standards.
- Led professional development workshops for fellow teachers.
- Presented at statewide conferences on teaching strategies.
- Authored a textbook used in high school classrooms across the state.
- Won Teacher of the Year award.
Assistant History Teacher at Mississippi State University, MSJul 2019 - Mar 2022
- Successfully taught 30 students in an assistant capacity.
- Collaborated with other teachers to develop and teach engaging lessons.
- Assisted in creating a positive and inclusive classroom environment.
- Encouraged student involvement and critical thinking through various teaching methods.
- Helped students learn course material by providing one-on-one assistance when needed.
Bachelor of Arts in History at Mississippi State UniversityAug 2015 - May 2019
I have learned how to research and write about historical events and people.
- Classroom Management
- Technology Integration