Writing a great hairstylist resume is important because it is one of the first things a potential employer will see when they are considering you for a position. It is your opportunity to make a good first impression and sell yourself as the best candidate for the job.
Create your resume
Select from 7 professional resume templates
If you're looking for inspiration when it comes to drafting your own hairstylist resume, look no further than the samples below. These resumes will help you highlight your experience and qualifications in the most effective way possible, giving you the best chance of landing the hairstylist job you're after.
firstname.lastname@example.org | (108) 778-6493 | Toms River, NJ
I am a professional hairstylist with over 1 year of experience. I have worked in salons and as a freelance stylist, and have had the opportunity to work with many different types of clients. I am skilled in cutting, coloring, styling, and formal hair design. I am also experienced in working with extensions and wigs. I love helping my clients feel their best by giving them the perfect hairstyle to suit their personality and lifestyle. If you are looking for a talented and passionate hairstylist who will always give you your best look, then please contact me today!
Hairstylist at Supercuts, NJMay 2022 - Present
- Cut and styled the hair of 100 clients.
- Colored the hair of 50 clients.
- Trained 2 new hairstylists.
- Won 1st place in a local haircutting competition.
- Cut and styled the hair of celebrities for 3 red carpet events.
Assistant Hairstylist at Great Clips, NJJul 2021 - Mar 2022
- Assisted hairstylist in providing haircuts for an average of 15 clients per day.
- Washed and conditioned client’s hair according to stylist instructions.
- Used a variety of styling tools and products to style client’s hair according to their preference.
- Monitored inventory levels of all styling products and notified the hairstylist when supplies were running low.
- Kept the salon clean and organized at all times by sweeping floor, cleaning surfaces, etc.
High School Diploma at Rutgers Preparatory School, NJAug 2016 - May 2021
I have learned how to effectively communicate with others, how to manage my time wisely, and how to work independently and as part of a team.
- Hair coloring
- Perming and straightening
- Wig care and styling
- Chemical relaxing
email@example.com | (494) 828-4118 | Portland, ME
As a hairstylist with over 1 year of experience, I have provided quality hair care services to my clients. I am experienced in cutting, coloring, and styling hair, and I use the latest products and techniques to achieve the best results. My goal is always to exceed my clients' expectations by providing them with beautiful, healthy-looking hair. In addition to being an excellent stylist, I am also a skilled communicator who can build strong relationships with my clients.
Hairstylist at Hair by Kelli Marie, MEMar 2022 - Present
- Worked as a hairstylist for 10 years.
- Trained in cutting, coloring, and styling hair.
- Worked at a salon for 8 years.
- Opened own salon 6 months ago.
- Cut, colored, and styled hair for 100 clients last month.
- Made $2000 profit from the sale of haircare products last month.
Assistant Hairstylist at Bangor Hair Company, MESep 2021 - Mar 2022
- Trained in and provided hair services such as cuts, styles, color, and highlights to an average of 15 clients per day.
- Demonstrated strong people skills by consistently providing excellent customer service which resulted in a 70% client retention rate.
- Upsold additional products and services to 80% of clients resulting in an increase of total daily sales by 20%.
- Actively promoted the salon through word-of-mouth referrals which generated 10 new clients each week on average.
- Kept work area clean, organized, and stocked at all times.
High School Diploma at Portland High School, Portland, MESep 2017 - May 2021
I have learned how to study for and take tests, how to do research, and how to write papers.