Writing a great grant writer resume is important because it is one of the first things a potential employer will see when they are considering you for a position. It is your opportunity to make a good first impression and sell yourself as the best candidate for the job.
Create your resume
Select from 7 professional resume templates
If you're looking for inspiration when it comes to drafting your own grant writer resume, look no further than the samples below. These resumes will help you highlight your experience and qualifications in the most effective way possible, giving you the best chance of landing the grant writer job you're after.
firstname.lastname@example.org | (174) 414-9437 | Boston, MA
I have over 5 years of experience as a grant writer and I am extremely passionate about it. I have written grants for a variety of organizations, including school districts, non-profits, and small businesses. I firmly believe that every organization has the potential to make a difference in their community, and it is my goal to help them secure the funding they need to make that happen.
Senior Grant Writer at Grant Writers in Massachusetts:, MAMar 2022 - Present
- Wrote and secured a $500,000 grant from the National Science Foundation to fund research on improving STEM education in rural areas.
- Wrote and secured a $250,000 grant from the Department of Education to fund an after-school program for at-risk youth.
- Wrote and secured a $100,000 grant from the Ford Foundation to support community organizing around social justice issues.
- Raised over $1 million dollars through private foundations and individual donors to support low-income students attending college.
Grant Writer at , MASep 2017 - Jan 2022
- Wrote and successfully submitted 5 grant proposals which resulted in a total of $100,000 in funding for the organization.
- Researched and identified 10 new potential grant sources which led to an additional $50,000 in funding.
- Successfully wrote and submitted 3 federal grants totaling $250,000 for a after-school program.
Bachelor of Arts in English at Harvard University, MASep 2013 - May 2017
I've learned how to read and analyze literature, write persuasively, and edit my own and others' writing.
- Time Management
email@example.com | (846) 042-8710 | Sandy, UT
I am a grant writer with over five years of experience in the field. I have written grants for a variety of organizations, including nonprofits, schools, and businesses. I have a strong track record of success in securing funding from foundations, government agencies, and other sources. I am skilled at writing clear and compelling proposals that align with the goals and objectives of my clients. I am also experienced in managing the grant-writing process from start to finish, including research, budgeting, and reporting requirements
Senior Grant Writer at Foundation Center, UTMay 2022 - Present
- Wrote and successfully submitted a $100,000 grant for new school equipment.
- Wrote and successfully submitted a $250,000 grant for a community health center.
- Wrote and successfully submitted a $50,000 grant for after-school programs.
- Successfully wrote and submit 3 other grants totaling over half a million dollars in funding.
- Helped to create proposals that resulted in the organization being awarded 15% more in government contracts than the year before.
Grant Writer at Grants.gov, UTJul 2017 - Mar 2022
- Wrote and received a $500,000 grant from the National Institutes of Health for cancer research.
- Wrote and received a $100,000 grant from the American Cancer Society for cancer research.
- Wrote and received a $50,000 grant from the Susan G. Komen Foundation for breast cancer research.
- Successfully wrote and obtained 3 government grants totaling $1.5 million dollars in fundingfor after-school programs in low-income neighborhoods.
- Authored 5 successful proposals resulting in corporate sponsorships worth over$250,000 per year to support various non-profit events.
- Secured 7 foundation grants totaling more than $800,000 to fund an early childhood literacy initiative.
Bachelor of Arts in English at Brigham Young University, UTSep 2013 - May 2017
I have learned how to read, write, and think analytically in order to critically engage with texts.
- Grant Writing
- Proposal Writing
- Project Management