Writing a great graduate nurse resume is important because it is one of the first things a potential employer will see when they are considering you for a position. It is your opportunity to make a good first impression and sell yourself as the best candidate for the job.
Create your resume
Select from 7 professional resume templates
If you're looking for inspiration when it comes to drafting your own graduate nurse resume, look no further than the samples below. These resumes will help you highlight your experience and qualifications in the most effective way possible, giving you the best chance of landing the graduate nurse job you're after.
email@example.com | (323) 223-1371 | New York, NY
I am a graduate nurse with over 1 year of experience in the medical field. I have worked in various settings, including hospitals, clinics, and doctor's offices. I have gained valuable experience caring for patients of all ages and backgrounds. I am passionate about providing quality patient care and advocating for the best possible outcomes. I am a team player who is always willing to lend a helping hand. I am looking for an opportunity to use my skills and knowledge to make a positive impact on patient care at your facility
Graduate Nurse at NYU Rory Meyers College of Nursing, NYMay 2022 - Present
- I graduated from nursing school with a 4.0 GPA.
- I completed my NCLEX-RN exam on the first try with a passing score of 75 questions.
- In my first year as an RN, I worked at XYZ Hospital in the medical-surgical unit. During that time, I cared for an average of 5 patients per shift and was recognized by my peers and supervisors for excellent patient care.
- As a graduate nurse, I precepted 3 new nurses during their orientation program and helped them to successfully transition into their roles on the unit.
- In addition to working full time as an RN, I also volunteered 2 shifts per month at the local free clinic.
Nurse at Columbia University School of Nursing, NYSep 2021 - Apr 2022
- Trained new nurses in proper patient care techniques.
- Led team of nurses in developing more efficient workflows.
- Instituted a system for tracking and reducing hospital-acquired infections.
- Reduced medication errors by 25% through improved oversight and education.
- Championed evidence-based practices that led to better outcomes for patients.
Bachelor of Science in Nursing at Columbia University, NYSep 2017 - May 2021
I have learned how to effectively communicate with patients and families, how to work as part of a team, and how to provide high-quality nursing care.
- Patient Assessment
- Nursing Processes
- Medication Administration
- IV Therapy
firstname.lastname@example.org | (866) 980-7685 | Baltimore, MD
I have over 1 year of experience as a Graduate Nurse. I have provided care to patients in a variety of settings, including acute care, outpatient clinics, and long-term care facilities. I am passionate about providing quality patient care and ensuring that each patient receives the individualized attention they deserve. I am skilled in assessment and documentation, woundcare management, IV therapy administration, and medication reconciliation. In addition to my clinical skillset, I also possess excellent interpersonal skills which allow me to build rapport with patients and their families.
Graduate Nurse at Johns Hopkins Hospital, MDMay 2022 - Present
- Successfully completed a rigorous 12-month graduate nurse program.
- Achieved high marks in all clinical placements.
- Demonstrated excellent patient care skills.
- Received positive feedback from patients and families on survey responses.
- Worked well as part of a team, displaying leadership qualities when needed.
- Maintained composure during challenging situations.
Nurse at University of Maryland Medical Center, MDSep 2021 - Apr 2022
- Successfully completed 1200 hours of clinical training.
- Maintained a 4.0 GPA throughout nursing program.
- Became certified in CPR and First Aid.
- Received the "Outstanding Nursing Student" award upon graduation.
- Successfully passed the NCLEX-RN licensing exam on first attempt.
- Secured a position as a registered nurse at XYZ Hospital.
Bachelor of Science in Nursing at University of Maryland, BaltimoreSep 2017 - May 2021
Some skills I have learned are: critical thinking, time management, effective communication, teamwork, and empathy.
- Critical thinking
- Interpersonal skills
- Organizational skills