Writing a great gis manager resume is important because it is one of the first things a potential employer will see when they are considering you for a position. It is your opportunity to make a good first impression and sell yourself as the best candidate for the job.
Create your resume
Select from 7 professional resume templates
If you're looking for inspiration when it comes to drafting your own gis manager resume, look no further than the samples below. These resumes will help you highlight your experience and qualifications in the most effective way possible, giving you the best chance of landing the gis manager job you're after.
firstname.lastname@example.org | (477) 822-8428 | Cheyenne, WY
I have over 5 years of experience as a GIS Manager. In my role, I am responsible for the management and coordination of all GIS activities within the company. This includes developing and implementing strategies, managing projects, coordinating resources, and ensuring quality control. I have a strong background in both technical and managerial aspects of GIS, which has allowed me to be successful in this role. My ability to effectively communicate with other departments within the company has been essential in coordinating our efforts and achieving our goals.
GIS Manager at Esri, WYApr 2022 - Present
- Successfully managed a team of 5 GIS analysts and technicians.
- Created and implemented new workflows that increased productivity by 25%.
- Developed custom tools using Python that saved the department $100,000 per year in licensing fees.
- Successfully completed 100+ projects on time and within budget.
- Trained staff on how to use ArcGIS Pro.
GIS Specialist at Hexagon, WYAug 2017 - Mar 2022
- Developed and implemented a new GIS system for the city that increased efficiency by 30%.
- Led a team of 4 in creating a GIS database of all properties in the county, which resulted in $2 million in cost savings.
- Trained 50 employees on how to use ArcGIS software, increasing productivity across departments by 20%.
- Created custom maps and analysis for 5 different projects, saving the company an estimated $100,000.
- Successfully completed over 100 hours of continuing education credits related to GIS.
Bachelor of Science in Geography at University of WyomingAug 2013 - May 2017
Some skills I've learned are map analysis, data interpretation, and research methods.
- Spatial Analysis
- Remote Sensing
email@example.com | (160) 638-4958 | Charleston, SC
Over five years of experience managing GIS programs and projects. I have a proven track record in developing successful GIS strategies, implementing cost-effective solutions, and delivering quality results. My background includes working with private sector companies, government agencies, and non-profit organizations. I am an expert in Esri ArcGIS software and have a strong understanding of Geographic Information Science principles.
GIS Manager at Georgetown County, SCMay 2022 - Present
- Led a team of 5 GIS analysts in developing a new mapping system that increased the efficiency of field work by 30%.
- Implemented a new data management system that streamlined the process of collecting and storing data, resulting in a 50% reduction in errors.
- Trained 10 employees on how to use ArcGIS software, increasing the department’s productivity by 20%.
- Created custom maps and reports for senior management that improved decision-making by providing clear visualizations of complex data sets.
- Developed an automated workflow for generating monthly progress reports, saving 2 hours per report.
- Presented at 3 national conferences on innovative uses of GIS technology in environmental planning.
GIS Specialist at Charleston County, SCAug 2017 - Mar 2022
- Led a team of 4 in creating a GIS system for tracking city infrastructure projects. The system increased efficiency by 30%.
- Created custom GIS applications which streamlined workflows for 3 departments, saving the company $15,000 annually.
- Successfully completed over 100 complex GIS mapping projects with large datasets and tight deadlines.
- Demonstrated expertise in ArcGIS, MapInfo, AutoCAD Map 3D, and other industry standard software packages.
- Authored or co-authored 5 white papers on various aspects of using GIS in local government which were published online and presented at 2 national conferences.
Bachelor of Science in Geography at Clemson University, SCSep 2012 - May 2017
Some skills I've learned are map reading and interpretation, GIS and GPS skills, research and writing skills, and critical thinking skills.
- Spatial Analysis
- Remote Sensing
- Map projections