Writing a great game artist resume is important because it is one of the first things a potential employer will see when they are considering you for a position. It is your opportunity to make a good first impression and sell yourself as the best candidate for the job.
Create your resume
Select from 7 professional resume templates
If you're looking for inspiration when it comes to drafting your own game artist resume, look no further than the samples below. These resumes will help you highlight your experience and qualifications in the most effective way possible, giving you the best chance of landing the game artist job you're after.
firstname.lastname@example.org | (276) 069-3900 | Newark, DE
I am a game artist with over 3 years of experience. I have worked on many different types of games, from small indie titles to AAA blockbusters. My skills include 2D and 3D art, as well as animation and UI design. I have a strong passion for video games and enjoy working in the industry.
Lead Game Artist at Blue Frog Gaming, DEMar 2022 - Present
- Worked with team of 5 to create 50+ 2D game assets per week including characters, environment pieces, and user interface elements.
- Successfully completed all assigned tasks within set deadlines.
- Contributed original ideas and suggestions that improved the quality of the final product.
- Created detailed illustrations and concept art for use in game development.
- Worked closely with programmers to ensure smooth integration of art assets into game.
Senior Game Artist at Big Fish Games, DEAug 2019 - Jan 2022
- Worked on art for 5 video games that were released.
- Shipped 3 titles as Lead Artist.
- Worked with a team of 15+ artists and was able to manage and delegate tasks efficiently.
- Created 200+ pieces of game assets including character models, environment props, and user interface elements.
- Successfully completed all assigned art tasks within the set deadlines.
Associate of Arts in Game Art and Design at Wesley College, Dover, DESep 2014 - May 2019
Some skills I've learned are: 2D/3D art, animation, game design, and programming.
- After Effects
- 3ds Max
email@example.com | (344) 266-2841 | Albuquerque, NM
I have over three years of experience as a game artist. I am experienced in Unity, Photoshop, and Illustrator. I have created art for mobile games, web games, and VR experiences. I am passionate about creating immersive worlds and interesting characters. My goal is to create art that tells a story and engages the player.
Lead Game Artist at GameCo, NMJun 2022 - Present
- Led a team of 5 game artists in the development of AAA title “X”, which sold over 2 million copies worldwide.
- Managed the art budget for “X”, ensuring that all assets were created within the allocated budget.
- Worked closely with the lead designer to create concepts and illustrations for characters, environments and objects.
- Developed detailed 3D models for characters, vehicles and buildings using Maya or similar software.
- Textured all 3D assets using Photoshop or similar software; ensured textures met quality standards set by Lead Artist/Art Director.
Senior Game Artist at Bluehole, NMJul 2019 - Apr 2022
- Led the art team in creating 200+ game assets for an online multiplayer game.
- Trained 4 new junior artists in 3D modeling, texturing, and animation.
- Improved workflow by implementing a new asset management system.
- Reduced project costs by 10% through optimized production pipeline.
- Increased quality of work by 20% through better use of tools and techniques.
- Received “Employee of the Month” award 2 times.
Associate of Arts in Game Art and Design at Central New Mexico Community College, NMSep 2015 - May 2019
Some skills I've learned are game design, 2D and 3D art, animation, and level design.
- After Effects
- 3ds Max