Freelance Graphic Designer
Writing a great freelance graphic designer resume is important because it is one of the first things a potential employer will see when they are considering you for a position. It is your opportunity to make a good first impression and sell yourself as the best candidate for the job.
Create your resume
Select from 7 professional resume templates
If you're looking for inspiration when it comes to drafting your own freelance graphic designer resume, look no further than the samples below. These resumes will help you highlight your experience and qualifications in the most effective way possible, giving you the best chance of landing the freelance graphic designer job you're after.
email@example.com | (772) 889-1312 | Fairfax, VA
I am a freelance graphic designer with over one year of experience. I have worked on projects for clients in a variety of industries, including fashion, beauty, and fitness. My skills include both web and print design, as well as illustration and photo editing. I am proficient in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign) and have a strong understanding of branding principles. In addition to my design work, I also have excellent written communication skills and can manage client relationships effectively.
Freelance Graphic Designer at Blue Star Design, VAMar 2022 - Present
- Designed a logo for Company X that was used on all company marketing materials, increasing brand recognition by 15%.
- Created an annual report for Nonprofit Y that helped them secure $1 million in funding.
- Led a team of 3 designers in creating a new website for Organization Z which resulted in a 20% increase in web traffic.
- Successfully completed 100+ freelance projects over the course of 5 years.
- Worked with clients from diverse industries including fashion, technology, and food & beverage.
Junior Freelance Graphic Designer at Graphic D-Signs, VAJul 2021 - Mar 2022
- Successfully completed 3 freelance projects within 2 weeks while also working a full-time job.
- Managed client expectations by providing frequent updates and being available for questions outside of normal work hours.
- Delivered high quality results that met or exceeded the clients’ needs and expectations.
- Successfully communicated with clients to understand their vision for the project.
- Worked independently with little to no supervision needed from senior designers or management.
Associate of Arts in Graphic Design at Virginia Commonwealth University, VASep 2017 - May 2021
I've learned how to use Adobe Creative Suite, specifically Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign.
- Adobe Creative Suite
- After Effects
- Premiere Pro
firstname.lastname@example.org | (912) 865-6183 | Bismarck, ND
As a freelance graphic designer, I have over 1 year of experience in the industry. My skills include logo design, web design, and print design. I am a creative thinker with strong problem-solving skills. I am also an excellent communicator and have the ability to work well independently as well as part of a team.
Freelance Graphic Designer at Design N Dakota, NDJun 2022 - Present
- Led a team of 4 in designing an annual report for a local non-profit. The design was well received and resulted in increased donations for the organization.
- Successfully completed 15 freelance projects over the course of 6 months, with 100% client satisfaction.
- Managed all aspects of graphic design for a small business, including creating logos, marketing collateral, website design, and product packaging.
- Created an original logo that was successfully used by a startup company for 2 years until they rebranded.
Junior Freelance Graphic Designer at Fargo Graphic Design, NDAug 2021 - May 2022
- Designed an advertising campaign that increased sales by 30%.
- Researched and wrote a white paper on graphic design trends.
- Trained three junior designers in the company’s design software.
- Led a team of 5 designers on a major rebranding project.
- Presented at a conference on effective use of color in graphic design.
Associate of Arts in Graphic Design at North Dakota State UniversityAug 2016 - May 2021
I have learned how to use Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, and Adobe InDesign to create digital artworks.
- Adobe Photoshop
- Adobe Illustrator
- Adobe InDesign
- Color Theory
- Layout and Composition
- Graphic Design History