Writing a great freelance editor resume is important because it is one of the first things a potential employer will see when they are considering you for a position. It is your opportunity to make a good first impression and sell yourself as the best candidate for the job.
Create your resume
Select from 7 professional resume templates
If you're looking for inspiration when it comes to drafting your own freelance editor resume, look no further than the samples below. These resumes will help you highlight your experience and qualifications in the most effective way possible, giving you the best chance of landing the freelance editor job you're after.
email@example.com | (276) 515-2471 | 1210 S Decatur Blvd, Las Vegas, NV 89102
I am a freelance editor with over five years of experience in the publishing industry. I have worked on both fiction and non-fiction books, as well as academic journals. My editing style is clean and concise, with a focus on clarity and readability. I have a keen eye for detail, and my clients often remark on my ability to spot errors that they had missed. In addition to copyediting, I also offer developmental editing services. This involves working with authors to help them hone their ideas and craft their stories into something that will engage readers from start to finish. Whether it’s line edits or big-picture suggestions, I am dedicated to helping my clients create the best possible version of their work
Freelance Editor at Wordfirm Inc., NVJun 2022 - Present
- Negotiated and edited a 50-page contract for a new client, resulting in a 5% increase in pay.
- Successfully completed edits on 15 manuscripts within 2 weeks, ahead of schedule.
- Edited 30 pages per hour with 98% accuracy rate, meeting company quota.
- Trained 3 new employees on the editing software program used by the company.
- Received positive feedback from clients on 95% of all projects worked on.
Associate Freelance Editor at The Write Connection, NVSep 2017 - May 2022
- Negotiated and secured book editing projects with 5 different clients, bringing in a total of $15,000 in revenue.
- Completed edits for 2 clients ahead of schedule, resulting in positive feedback and repeat business.
- Developed strong relationships with 3 new authors, who have since hired me for additional editing work.
- Trained 1 new junior editor on my team, increasing the efficiency of our workflow.
- Cut costs by 10% by negotiating better rates with suppliers.
Bachelor of Arts in English at University of Nevada, RenoAug 2012 - May 2017
In the past four years, I have learned how to read and analyze texts, write academic essays, and conduct research.
- Time Management
firstname.lastname@example.org | (957) 639-1310 | Portland, ME
I have over five years of experience as a freelance editor. In that time, I have worked with clients in a variety of industries and on projects of all sizes. My skills include copy editing, proofreading, fact checking, and content writing. I am also an expert at using the Chicago Manual of Style and AP style guide. In addition to my editing experience, I have a degree in English from XYZ University
Freelance Editor at Elite Editing, MEJun 2022 - Present
- Negotiated and edited a contract with a new client, resulting in an increase of 20% in earnings.
- Wrote and edited 10 blog posts for a major corporation, increasing traffic to the site by 15%.
- Edited a book that went on to sell 100,000 copies.
- Corrected errors in 200 pages of text within 24 hours without compromising quality.
- Increased accuracy rate from 85% to 95% over the course of 6 months while working as an editor for online news publication.
Associate Freelance Editor at Proofreading Pal, MESep 2017 - Apr 2022
- Edited and formatted text for a range of clients, including businesses, individuals, and non-profit organizations.
- Proofread documents for grammar, spelling, punctuation, and style errors.
- Ensured that all edits were in line with the client’s specifications.
- Communicated effectively with clients to understand their needs and deliverables.
- Managed projects from start to finish within tight deadlines.
- Met or exceeded expectations on all assigned tasks.
Bachelor of Arts in English at University of MaineSep 2013 - May 2017
I have learned excellent writing, communication, and interpersonal skills while studying for my Bachelor of Arts in English.
- Organizing information
- Time management