Writing a great forensic scientist resume is important because it is one of the first things a potential employer will see when they are considering you for a position. It is your opportunity to make a good first impression and sell yourself as the best candidate for the job.
Create your resume
Select from 7 professional resume templates
If you're looking for inspiration when it comes to drafting your own forensic scientist resume, look no further than the samples below. These resumes will help you highlight your experience and qualifications in the most effective way possible, giving you the best chance of landing the forensic scientist job you're after.
firstname.lastname@example.org | (153) 179-4825 | Boston, MA
I am a Forensic Scientist with over 1 year of experience in the field. I have worked on cases involving DNA analysis, fingerprints, and ballistics. I have also testified in court as an expert witness. I am a member of the American Academy of Forensics Sciences (AAFS) and the International Association for Identification (IAI).
Forensic Scientist II at ToxTests, LLC, MAMar 2022 - Present
- Led a team of 4 forensic scientists in the analysis of evidence from over 100 cases.
- Authored 6 scientific papers that were published in peer-reviewed journals.
- Presented findings at 3 national conferences.
- Trained 2 new employees on proper evidence handling and analysis techniques.
- Successfully completed 8 difficult casework analyses, resulting in positive outcomes for law enforcement.
Forensic Scientist I at Battelle Memorial Institute, MASep 2021 - Mar 2022
- Conducted over 100 hours of research on various methods of bloodstain pattern analysis.
- Authored a paper detailing the findings of this research, which was published in the Journal of Forensic Sciences.
- Attended and presented at multiple conferences on forensic science, sharing findings with fellow professionals.
- Trained new employees in basic bloodstain pattern analysis techniques.
- Developed and implemented new protocols for collecting and analyzing evidence at crime scenes.
- Successfully solved 5 cases using Bloodstain Pattern Analysis.
Bachelor of Science in Forensic Science at Northeastern University, MAAug 2017 - May 2021
I have learned to analyze evidence, identify and process crime scenes, and interview witnesses and suspects.
- Computer Science
- Forensic Anthropology
email@example.com | (967) 131-2237 | Santa Monica, CA
I have over 1 year of experience as a Forensic Scientist. I have worked on cases involving homicides, sexual assaults, and burglaries. I am experienced in collecting and analyzing evidence, including DNA samples. I am also skilled in writing reports and testifying in court.
Forensic Scientist II at New Orleans Police Department, LAJun 2022 - Present
- Conducted over 500 forensic examinations.
- Authored 50 scientific papers on various aspects of forensics.
- Taught 100 students in the field of forensics.
- Helped solve 10 high-profile cases.
- Acted as a consultant on 5 major Hollywood movies about forensics.
- Appeared as an expert witness in 20 court cases.
Forensic Scientist I at Louisiana State Police, LAJul 2021 - May 2022
- Led a team of 3 in analyzing 50 pieces of evidence per week.
- Reviewed and revised departmental policies and procedures related to forensic analysis.
- Authored 2 scientific papers that were published in peer-reviewed journals.
- Trained 5 new employees in the use of forensics software.
- Presented findings at 4 national conferences.
- Actively participated in 10 court cases as an expert witness.
Bachelor of Science in Forensic Science at Louisiana State University, LASep 2016 - May 2021
I have learned how to analyze crime scenes, collect evidence, and write reports.
- Crime scene investigation
- Evidence collection and analysis
- Bloodstain pattern analysis
- DNA analysis