Fire Safety Director
Writing a great fire safety director resume is important because it is one of the first things a potential employer will see when they are considering you for a position. It is your opportunity to make a good first impression and sell yourself as the best candidate for the job.
Create your resume
Select from 7 professional resume templates
If you're looking for inspiration when it comes to drafting your own fire safety director resume, look no further than the samples below. These resumes will help you highlight your experience and qualifications in the most effective way possible, giving you the best chance of landing the fire safety director job you're after.
firstname.lastname@example.org | (589) 544-0097 | Detroit, MI
I am an experienced Fire Safety Director with over 8 years of experience in fire protection and safety. I have managed fire safety operations in compliance with local, state, and federal regulations, ensuring the safety of employees, customers, and visitors. My expertise in managing fire drills, conducting fire safety inspections, and developing evacuation plans has enabled me to successfully identify and address potential fire risks. I have worked closely with teams to ensure compliance of fire safety regulations and implement fire safety procedures. I have a proven track record of success in implementing fire safety initiatives and ensuring a safe environment for all.
Fire Safety Director at National Fire Protection Association, MIMar 2022 - Present
- Reduced fire safety violations by 50% within the first year of taking on the role as Fire Safety Director.
- Led a team of 12 in developing and implementing new fire safety protocols across all buildings managed.
- Successfully advocated for additional funding to update outdated fire safety equipment in 5 buildings under management.
- Trained 100+ employees in emergency evacuation procedures.
- Created an employee task force dedicated to monthly inspections of all building exits, stairwells, and sprinkler systems.
- Reviewed architectural plans for 3 new construction projects to ensure compliance with local fire codes.
Assistant Fire Safety Director at International Association of Fire Chiefs, MIJul 2020 - Jan 2022
- Led a team of 12 fire safety personnel in developing and implementing emergency response plans for commercial office buildings.
- Trained over 200 employees in fire safety procedures.
- Inspected monthly fire extinguishers andexit routes.
- Investigated 2 fires, determining causeand origin in both cases.
- Reviewed architectural drawings for new construction projects to ensure compliance with fire codes.
- Coordinated special events requiring temporary changes to the building’s occupancy load or layout.
Fire Safety Officer at National Fire Academy, MIJul 2015 - Jun 2020
- Successfully implemented a new fire safety protocol that decreased the risk of fires by [NUMBER]%.
- Conducted [NUMBER] training sessions on fire safety procedures for employees.
- Successfully extinguished [NUMBER] workplace fires.
- Responded to [NUMBER] emergency calls and successfully resolved each incident.
- Created an evacuation plan that was used during [SPECIFIC EVENT].
- Worked with the team to develop a mock disaster drill which prepared them for future events.
Associate of Arts in Fire Science at Oakland Community College, MIAug 2011 - May 2015
I've learned about fire suppression techniques, fire safety, and how to investigate the cause of a fire.
- Fire Safety
- Fire Prevention
- Emergency Management
- Hazardous Materials Handling
- Building Construction
- Electrical Systems
- HVAC Systems
email@example.com | (825) 940-4292 | Wichita, KS
I am a Fire Safety Director with over 8 years of experience in developing fire safety plans and leading emergency response teams. My expertise includes risk assessment, fire code compliance, hazard identification, and staff training. I have a strong background in implementing fire safety strategies to prevent and reduce fire hazards. I am also highly skilled in creating and administering fire prevention and emergency response programs. My experience has enabled me to effectively analyze and assess fire safety risks and develop strategies to mitigate those risks. Additionally, I have a proven ability to lead and motivate teams in fire safety initiatives. I am committed to providing the highest level of fire safety to protect people, property, and the environment.
Fire Safety Director at Johnson Controls, KSMar 2022 - Present
- Reduced fire fatalities by X%.
- Reduced fire-related injuries by Y%.
- Developed and implemented new fire safety policies that led to a decrease in fires by Z%.
- Trained XX number of employees in basic fire safety procedures.
- Led investigations into the cause of X number of fires, resulting in changes that prevented future fires from occurring.
- Responded to XYZ emergencies, ensuring everyone was evacuated safely.
Assistant Fire Safety Director at Kidde Fire Systems, KSAug 2019 - Mar 2022
- Led a team of 12 safety inspectors in conducting monthly fire safety inspections for 100 commercial buildings.
- Trained 50 new employees in fire safety procedures.
- Developed and implemented a new evacuation plan for the office building which reduced evacuation time by 30%.
- Investigated 10 fires, determining their cause and making recommendations to prevent future occurrences.
- Reviewed architectural plans for 5 new construction projects to ensure compliance with fire codes.
Fire Safety Officer at Tyco SimplexGrinnell, KSSep 2015 - Jun 2019
- Successfully extinguished a fire in an apartment complex that had been burning for hours.
- Saved the lives of four people who were trapped in a burning building.
- Successfully evacuated a school during a fire drill, ensuring all students and staff made it out safely.
- Worked with the local police department to develop and implement evacuation procedures for high-risk buildings in the event of an emergency.
- Created and distributed educational materials on fire safety to schools, businesses, and civic organizations.
- Conducted regular inspections of commercial kitchens to ensure compliance with fire code regulations.
Associate of Arts in Fire Science at Wichita State University, KSAug 2011 - May 2015
I have learned how to fight fires, both big and small.
- Fire safety
- Emergency management
- Fire prevention
- Building code compliance
- Risk assessment
- Hazard mitigation
- Safety engineering