Financial Systems Analyst
Writing a great financial systems analyst resume is important because it is one of the first things a potential employer will see when they are considering you for a position. It is your opportunity to make a good first impression and sell yourself as the best candidate for the job.
Create your resume
Select from 7 professional resume templates
If you're looking for inspiration when it comes to drafting your own financial systems analyst resume, look no further than the samples below. These resumes will help you highlight your experience and qualifications in the most effective way possible, giving you the best chance of landing the financial systems analyst job you're after.
email@example.com | (223) 911-0083 | Albuquerque, NM
As a financial systems analyst, I have over three years of experience streamlining and automating financial processes for my clients. In my previous role as a consultant, I advised companies on how to improve their financial efficiency by implementing new software solutions. My skills in data analysis and process improvement helped me identify inefficiencies and recommend ways to streamline processes. As a result of my work, my clients were able to reduce costs and increase profits.
Financial Systems Analyst at Raytheon, NMApr 2022 - Present
- Led the development of a new forecasting system that increased accuracy by 5%.
- Implemented a data warehouse that improved reporting speed by 30%.
- Developed an automated process that reduced manual entry errors by 85%.
- Wrote SQL queries that identified $1M in potential cost savings.
- Participated in the design and implementation of a new ERP system.
Senior Financial Systems Analyst at Los Alamos National Laboratory, NMSep 2019 - Mar 2022
- Led a team of 4 analysts in developing a new forecasting system for the company’s $8B annual budget. The system was developed using Excel and VBA, and included both static and dynamic forecast models.
- Implemented a new data warehouse solution that consolidated financial data from 5 different sources into one central location. This allowed for more accurate reporting and analysis of the company’s financial performance.
- Developed an automated process for tracking and managing corporate credit card expenses. This process saved the company approximately $50,000 per year in processing fees.
- Created a custom Crystal Reports report that tracked monthly sales by product line across all regions worldwide. This report helped to identify trends and potential areas of opportunity/risk within the business.
Bachelor of Science in Financial Systems Analysis at New Mexico State UniversityAug 2014 - May 2019
I've learned how to analyze financial systems and how to make recommendations for improvements.
- Financial analysis
- Financial modeling
firstname.lastname@example.org | (290) 388-2069 | Atlanta, GA
I have over 4 years of experience working as a Financial Systems Analyst. In this role, I was responsible for maintaining and improving financial systems for my company. This included developing new features, troubleshooting issues, and training users on how to use the system. I am extremely knowledgeable in both accounting principles and computer programming languages. My background has allowed me to develop strong problem solving skills which I can apply to any situation.
Financial Systems Analyst at State of Georgia, GAMay 2022 - Present
- Led the implementation of a new financial reporting system that increased efficiency by 30%.
- Acted as primary liaison between finance and IT departments during system upgrade, ensuring successful go-live.
- Implemented process improvements that reduced month-end close time from 5 days to 3 days.
- Trained 10+ users on new ERP system.
- Developed training materials for Finance team on use of Crystal Reports for ad hoc reporting needs.
- Created custom reports in SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) to support business processes.
Senior Financial Systems Analyst at Georgia Department of Labor, GAJul 2018 - Mar 2022
- Led the development of a new forecasting tool that improved accuracy by 15%.
- Implemented a new accounting software system that saved the company $250,000 per year.
- Developed and implemented a training program for financial analysts that reduced turnover by 25%.
- Conducted an analysis of the sales department that identified $1 million in annual cost savings.
- Led the development of a new budgeting process that improved accuracy by 10% and decreased time to completion by 30%.
Bachelor of Science in Financial Systems Analysis at Georgia Institute of TechnologySep 2014 - May 2018
I have learned how to analyze financial systems and how to design efficient financial models.
- Financial analysis
- Financial modeling
- Business analysis
- Requirements gathering
- Process improvement
- Project management