Family Support Worker
Writing a great family support worker resume is important because it is one of the first things a potential employer will see when they are considering you for a position. It is your opportunity to make a good first impression and sell yourself as the best candidate for the job.
Create your resume
Select from 7 professional resume templates
If you're looking for inspiration when it comes to drafting your own family support worker resume, look no further than the samples below. These resumes will help you highlight your experience and qualifications in the most effective way possible, giving you the best chance of landing the family support worker job you're after.
email@example.com | (506) 209-1930 | Portland, OR
I have over 1 year of experience as a Family Support Worker. I am passionate about helping families in need and providing them with the resources they need to thrive. I have extensive experience working with children and families in crisis, and I am adept at managing multiple case loads simultaneously. I possess excellent communication skills and work well both independently and as part of a team. In my previous role, I was responsible for conducting home visits, providing referrals to community resources, coordinating services between various agencies, advocating on behalf of clients, and documenting client progress.
Family Support Worker at Catholic Community Services, ORMay 2022 - Present
- Reduced client stress levels by providing emotional support and referrals to relevant resources.
- Facilitated weekly group meetings for parents of children with special needs, helping them feel supported and connected.
- Assisted 20 families in creating positive behavior management plans tailored to their individual needs.
- Provided one-on-one coaching to 10 parents on effective communication strategies.
- Wrote detailed case notes for each family seen, documenting progress and areas of concern.
Family Support Worker II at Oregon Foster Care and Adoption, ORJul 2021 - Apr 2022
- Successfully advocated for 12 families in need of public assistance, which resulted in an increase of $2,000 per month in benefits.
- Successfully completed 8 home visits with clients and provided resources and support to help them improve their living conditions.
- Worked closely with the local school district to ensure that 5 students received the necessary services and accommodations for their Individualized Education Plans (IEPs).
- Assisted 10 families in creating budget plans which helped them save a total of $500 per month.
- Helped 6 clients find stable housing by working with landlords and providing information on government subsidies.
High School Diploma at Beaverton High School, Beaverton, ORAug 2017 - May 2021
I've learned how to study for long periods of time, how to take thorough notes, and how to effectively manage my time.
- Communication Skills
- Organizational Skills
- Problem-Solving Skills
- Emotional Stability
- Knowledge of Community Resources
firstname.lastname@example.org | (757) 482-9602 | Spearfish, SD
I have over 1 year of experience as a family support worker. I have worked with families in need, helping them to overcome difficult situations and improve their lives. I am passionate about my work and committed to making a difference in the lives of those I work with. I am an excellent communicator and listener, able to build relationships quickly and effectively. I am also highly organized and efficient, able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously while maintaining a high level of quality in my work
Family Support Worker at A Better Choice Counseling Services, SDMar 2022 - Present
- Provided in-home family support to 10 families with children ages 0-3 years old.
- Assisted parents with child development, positive parenting techniques, and behavior management.
- Created individualized service plans for each family based on assessed needs.
- Monitored progress of families and provided quarterly reports to funding agency.
- Made weekly home visits averaging 2 hours per visit.
- Attended monthly case review meetings with multi-disciplinary team.
Family Support Worker II at LifeScape, SDAug 2021 - Jan 2022
- Successfully advocated for an increase in monthly financial support for a low-income family of four, resulting in a $600/month increase.
- Worked with a difficult teenage mother and her infant daughter, successfully helping them to bond and develop a positive relationship.
- Successfully helped a young couple navigate the foster care system so that they could become foster parents themselves.
- Assisted in the development of an after-school program for at-risk youth which ran successfully for two years.
- Created and implemented a successful parenting skills training course which was attended by over 100 parents.
High School Diploma at Brookings High School, Brookings, SDSep 2017 - May 2021
I've learned how to study for and take tests, how to do research, and how to write papers.
- Communication Skills
- Emotional Intelligence
- Conflict Resolution Skills
- Organizational Skills
- Time Management Skills