Writing a great fabrication manager resume is important because it is one of the first things a potential employer will see when they are considering you for a position. It is your opportunity to make a good first impression and sell yourself as the best candidate for the job.
Create your resume
Select from 7 professional resume templates
If you're looking for inspiration when it comes to drafting your own fabrication manager resume, look no further than the samples below. These resumes will help you highlight your experience and qualifications in the most effective way possible, giving you the best chance of landing the fabrication manager job you're after.
firstname.lastname@example.org | (706) 203-1432 | Omaha, NE
I am a Fabrication Manager with over 5 years experience in the industry. I have experience overseeing the fabrication process from start to finish, and have knowledge of all aspects of the trade. I possess excellent communication and organizational skills, which allow me to effectively manage teams and projects. My attention to detail ensures that all products meet high standards of quality control. In addition, my background in welding gives me an edge in troubleshooting any issues that may arise during production.
Fabrication Manager at SteelFab, Inc., NEJun 2022 - Present
- Successfully managed the fabrication department for 5 years.
- Increased production by 30% in the first year.
- Decreased scrap rates by 20% in the first year.
- Successfully implemented a new safety program that reduced accidents by 50%.
- Trained and developed 4 new supervisors who now run their own successful teams.
- Worked with engineering to develop 2 new products which increased company revenue by $1M.
Lead Fabrication Engineer at Vortex Industries, Inc., NEAug 2017 - May 2022
- Led a team of 20 engineers in the fabrication of parts for aircrafts.
- Successfully completed projects within set deadlines and budgets.
- Implemented new methods and technologies that increased productivity by 30%.
- Reduced scrap rate from 10% to 2%.
- Trained other engineers on best practices in fabricating parts.
Associate's degree in mechanical engineering at University of Nebraska-LincolnAug 2013 - May 2017
I've learned how to design and analyze mechanical systems, as well as how to use various tools and software programs.
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Project Management
email@example.com | (579) 775-9304 | Fort Lauderdale, FL
I am a highly experienced Fabrication Manager, with over 5 years in the industry. I have managed teams of up to 20 people, and have experience working with a variety of materials. I am an expert in both manual and CNC machining, and have a keen eye for detail. My greatest strength is my ability to manage projects from start to finish, ensuring that all deadlines are met.
Fabrication Manager at Star Fabrication, FLJun 2022 - Present
- Led a team of 12 fabricators in the construction of a 100,000 square foot warehouse.
- Completed the project on time and under budget.
- Trained new employees in proper safety procedures and quality control standards.
- Implemented aLean Manufacturing process that reduced waste by 30%. Continually maintained high levels of customer satisfaction rating above 95%.
Lead Fabrication Engineer at Coastal Fabrication, FLJul 2017 - May 2022
- Led a team of engineers in the development of a new fabrication process that increased production by 25%.
- Implemented a new quality control system that reduced defects by 50%.
- Developed and patented a new method for joining two pieces of metal.
- Achieved ISO 9001 certification for the company’s manufacturing processes.
- Reduced scrap material waste by 30% through process improvements.
Associate's degree in mechanical engineering at Florida Institute of Technology, FLSep 2012 - May 2017
Some skills I've learned are using various CAD software, learning how to machine different parts, and understanding how to use different materials.
- Quality Control
- Safety Procedures