Engineering Project Manager
Writing a great engineering project manager resume is important because it is one of the first things a potential employer will see when they are considering you for a position. It is your opportunity to make a good first impression and sell yourself as the best candidate for the job.
Create your resume
Select from 7 professional resume templates
If you're looking for inspiration when it comes to drafting your own engineering project manager resume, look no further than the samples below. These resumes will help you highlight your experience and qualifications in the most effective way possible, giving you the best chance of landing the engineering project manager job you're after.
email@example.com | (832) 676-8226 | 888 S. Main Street
As a Project Manager with 8+ years of experience, I have successfully managed and completed multiple engineering projects throughout my career. My expertise lies in the areas of project planning, budget monitoring, cost control, resource allocation and client management. I have a proven track record of completing projects on time, within budget, and to the highest quality standards. I also possess strong technical and analytical skills and am highly proficient in MS Office Suite and Project Management Software. My ability to build and maintain relationships with clients, vendors, and project team members ensures the successful completion of projects.
Engineering Project Manager at Tectonic Engineering & Surveying Consultants, P.C., IAJun 2022 - Present
- Led the development of a new product that generated $12 million in revenue in its first year.
- Successfully managed the redesign of an existing product, resulting in a 10% increase in sales.
- Implemented a new project management system that reduced project costs by 15%.
- Negotiated with vendors to secure materials at 20% below market price.
- Developed and implemented training program for engineering staff on new software.
Senior Engineering Project Manager at Walker Engineering, P.C., IAAug 2019 - May 2022
- Led a team of engineers in the development of a new product that increased sales by 20%.
- Successfully managed the budget for a $10 million project.
- Completed a difficult engineering project ahead of schedule and under budget.
- Reduced company costs by developing more efficient processes.
- Won an award for excellence in engineering management.
Lead Engineering Project Manager at Schreiber Corporation, IAJul 2015 - Jul 2019
- Led a team of engineers in the development of a new product, from concept to launch. The project was completed on time and within budget.
- Successfully managed the design and implementation of a major engineering project that resulted in increased efficiency and productivity for the company.
- Demonstrated excellent leadership skills by successfully guiding and motivating my team to meet all deadlines while ensuring high levels of quality workmanship.
- Proven ability to manage complex projects by developing clear plans and timelines, communicating effectively with all stakeholders, and ensuring successful execution through close attention to detail.
Bachelor of Science in Engineering at Iowa State University, Ames, IASep 2011 - May 2015
I have learned how to use different software programs, how to communicate with people in the engineering field, and how to work on projects as a team.
- Technical Writing
- Project Management
- Engineering Design
- CAD/CAM Software
- Manufacturing Processes
- Quality Control
- Six Sigma
firstname.lastname@example.org | (838) 500-0028 | Charleston, WV
I am an experienced Engineering Project Manager with over 8 years of experience in the field. I have a proven track record of success managing engineering projects, from planning and executing to completion. My strong analytical and problem solving skills have enabled me to successfully manage complex engineering projects and secure positive outcomes. I have a great deal of experience in project planning and execution, budget management, and process optimization. I have a strong understanding of project management best practices and have developed successful strategies for coordinating multiple teams, tracking progress, and meeting deadlines. I excel at critical thinking, problem solving, and communication, and I am passionate about ensuring the successful completion of engineering projects.
Engineering Project Manager at Albright Crumrine & Associates, Inc., WVMar 2022 - Present
- Led a team of engineers in the design and development of a new product, which resulted in increased sales by 25%.
- Successfully managed the construction of a $1.5 million dollar project within budget and ahead of schedule.
- Implemented innovative changes to the production line that decreased costs by 10% without compromising quality.
- Trained and mentored 5 junior engineers, 3 of whom were promoted to senior positions within 2 years.
Senior Engineering Project Manager at Gannett Fleming, Inc., WVSep 2019 - Mar 2022
- Led a team of engineers in the design and implementation of a new product, which resulted in increased sales by 20%.
- Reduced company expenses by 10% through process improvements.
- Successfully completed projects on time and within budget.
- Managed up to 15 direct reports and 50 indirect reports.
Lead Engineering Project Manager at The Rummel Corporation, WVJul 2015 - Aug 2019
- Led a team of engineers in developing a new product that was successfully released to the market and generated $2 million in sales within the first year.
- Managed the development of a complex engineering project with 20+ stakeholders, on time and under budget.
- Defined requirements, scoped work, and managed risks for an engineering project that resulted in reducing customer churn by 30%.
- Partnered with other departments to streamline processes and improve communication between teams, resulting in increased efficiency across the company by 15%.
Bachelor of Science in Engineering at West Virginia University, WVAug 2011 - May 2015
I have learned how to effectively communicate with people from diverse backgrounds, how to work independently and as part of a team, how to manage my time wisely, and how to think critically and solve problems.
- Technical writing
- Project management
- Risk management
- Quality assurance
- Configuration management
- Change control