Writing a great education director resume is important because it is one of the first things a potential employer will see when they are considering you for a position. It is your opportunity to make a good first impression and sell yourself as the best candidate for the job.
Create your resume
Select from 7 professional resume templates
If you're looking for inspiration when it comes to drafting your own education director resume, look no further than the samples below. These resumes will help you highlight your experience and qualifications in the most effective way possible, giving you the best chance of landing the education director job you're after.
email@example.com | (462) 985-9281 | Miami, FL
I am an experienced Education Director with more than 8 years of experience in developing and delivering K-12 programs. My background includes creating and managing budgets; designing and implementing curriculum; and leading faculty and staff in achieving educational goals. I have a proven track record of successful program development, implementation, and outcomes. I am passionate about education and have a strong commitment to student success. My expertise in strategic planning, data analysis, and grant writing, combined with my ability to create positive relationships with stakeholders, makes me an asset to any educational organization.
Education Director at Discovery Education, FLMar 2022 - Present
- Led a team of 15 education specialists and 2 coordinators in designing and implementing innovative educational programs for 200,000 students across the state.
- Successfully advocated for increased funding from the state legislature for education initiatives, resulting in an additional $20 million per year in funding.
- Created new professional development opportunities for teachers that resulted in improved student outcomes by 10% statewide.
- Implemented a data-driven approach to school improvement that led to gains in test scores and graduation rates at all levels.
Assistant Education Director at Edgenuity, FLSep 2020 - Mar 2022
- Led a team of 5 education coordinators and 30 volunteer tutors to provide homework help and enrichment activities for 200 students in grades K-8.
- Implemented a new curriculum that increased test scores by an average of 3% across all subject areas.
- Created and oversaw the implementation of a professional development plan for teachers that resulted in improved classroom management and instruction quality in 75% of classrooms observed.
- Negotiated with local businesses to secure donations totaling $10,000 which were used to purchase new computers and software for the school's computer lab.
Education Coordinator at K12, FLAug 2015 - Jul 2020
- Led a team of 4 education coordinators and increased the department's efficiency by 20%.
- Implemented new curriculum for Early Childhood Education classes, resulting in a 10% increase in test scores.
- Trained 5 new hires on best practices for customer service, leading to a decrease in complaints by 50%.
- Wrote grants totaling $100,000 which funded 3 new after-school programs.
- Collaborated with the marketing team to develop and implement social media campaigns that increased website traffic by 30%.
Master of Education in Educational Leadership at University of Florida, FLAug 2010 - May 2015
I have learned how to be an effective leader in a educational setting.
- Curriculum Development
- Lesson Planning
- Classroom Management
- Behavior Management
- Instructional Strategies
- Assessment and Evaluation
- Professional Development
firstname.lastname@example.org | (684) 575-3167 | Charleston, WV
I am an experienced Education Director with 8+ years of experience in developing and delivering educational programs for students. I have a proven track record of successful curriculum planning, program design, and classroom management. I have a passion for creating engaging and stimulating learning opportunities for students across all grade levels, and I am adept at managing teams of educators and collaborating with stakeholders to create innovative program offerings. My expertise includes creating and implementing strategies to improve student outcomes and developing assessment strategies to track progress. I am committed to promoting quality education and creating meaningful learning experiences for students.
Education Director at West Virginia Department of Education, WVMay 2022 - Present
- Led a team of 30+ educators in developing and implementing curriculum for grades K-12.
- Oversaw the development of new educational programs and initiatives.
- Managed budgets totaling $6M+ annually.
- Hired, trained, and evaluated staff members regularly.
- Wrote proposals to secure funding from grantors such as the Department of Education.
- Monitored student progress and achievement data to inform instruction.
Assistant Education Director at West Virginia Board of Education, WVAug 2020 - Mar 2022
- Led a team of 4 education coordinators and 10 educators in developing and implementing lesson plans for after-school programs serving 500 students.
- Wrote grants totaling $250,000 which funded an early literacy program reaching 2,500 students.
- Presented at 3 national conferences on the topic of integrating technology into after-school programming.
- Trained 50 new employees on best practices in educational programming delivery.
- Led the development of 5 new curriculum units aligned to state standards and designed for use in after-school settings.
Education Coordinator at West Virginia Education Association, WVSep 2015 - Jun 2020
- Developed and coordinated educational programs for 500 students aged 3-18.
- Wrote curriculum for and taught 20 classes on various topics relating to education.
- Authored a 200 page report on the state of education in the country.
- Presented at 10 conferences nationwide on effective methods for teaching children with special needs.
- Led a team of 50 educators in developing new assessment techniques used by millions of students across the globe.
Master of Education in Educational Leadership at West Virginia University, WVSep 2011 - May 2015
How to be an effective leader in education.
- Educational Leadership
- Educational Administration
- Curriculum Development
- Instructional Design
- Teacher Training and Development
- Classroom Management
- Student Assessment