email@example.com | (111) 375-2565 | Bloomington, IN
Editor-in-Chief at Blue River Editing, INMar 2022 - Present
- Wrote and published at least 12 stories per month.
- Assigned and edited at least 50 stories per week.
- Led editorial meetings for a team of 10-15 people.
- Wrote monthly column that was read by an average of 100,000 people.
- Grew social media following by 15%.
Managing Editor at The Editing Company, INAug 2018 - Mar 2022
- Hired and managed a team of 15 editors, responsible for daily content on the website.
- Wrote and edited 50 articles per week.
- Increased traffic to the website by 20%.
- Negotiated contracts with 3rd party vendors.
- Managed editorial budget of $100k/month.
Senior Editor at WordsRU, INSep 2015 - Jun 2018
- Wrote and edited 50+ articles per month with a 98% accuracy rate.
- Led a team of 5 editors and ensured all deadlines were met.
- Trained 2 new hires on company style guide and editing process.
- Cut costs by 10% through efficient article scheduling.
- Streamlined the editing process by implementing new software.
Bachelor of Science in English at Purdue University, INSep 2011 - May 2015
I have learned how to read and analyze texts, write academic essays, and conduct research.
- Organizational skills
firstname.lastname@example.org | (284) 369-5619 | Salt Lake City, UT
Editor-in-Chief at Adobe, UTApr 2022 - Present
- Led a team of editors and writers to produce a daily newspaper with over 1 million subscribers.
- Grew online traffic by 50% year-over-year through innovative content initiatives.
- Spearheaded the creation of an award-winning investigative journalism unit that uncovered government corruption at the highest levels.
- Managed budgets totaling $5 million annually while maintaining high quality standards across all products.
- Hired, developed, and mentored a team of talented journalists who went on to win Pulitzer prizes.
Managing Editor at Avid, UTAug 2018 - Mar 2022
- Negotiated and executed a contract with an outside vendor to produce the print version of the quarterly journal, saving $5,000 per issue.
- Led a team of five full-time and four part-time employees in producing 12 issues of the quarterly journal on time and within budget.
- Wrote or edited 70% of all content for the quarterly journal, including feature articles, departments, columns, and book reviews.
- Researched potential new products for the company's website and developed proposals for three new e-products which were approved by senior management.
- Managed editorial calendar for company website; increased traffic to site by 20% through innovative content strategy.
Senior Editor at Apple, UTSep 2015 - Jun 2018
- Wrote and edited articles for publication, ensuring that all content met the required standards for quality and accuracy.
- Monitored work progress of junior editors to ensure timely completion of assigned tasks.
- Led editorial team meetings to discuss upcoming projects and deadlines.
- Trained new hires on company style guide and editing procedures.
- Researched potential topics for articles, conducted interviews with experts in the field, and wrote draft versions of articles for review by senior staff members.
Bachelor of Science in English at Brigham Young UniversityAug 2010 - May 2015
I have learned how to read and analyze texts, write coherently, and conduct research.
- Organizing information
- Attention to detail