Writing a great dj resume is important because it is one of the first things a potential employer will see when they are considering you for a position. It is your opportunity to make a good first impression and sell yourself as the best candidate for the job.
Create your resume
Select from 7 professional resume templates
If you're looking for inspiration when it comes to drafting your own dj resume, look no further than the samples below. These resumes will help you highlight your experience and qualifications in the most effective way possible, giving you the best chance of landing the dj job you're after.
firstname.lastname@example.org | (340) 261-9170 | Anchorage, AK
I am an experienced DJ with over 8 years of experience in audio engineering, event hosting, and music curation. I have provided DJ services for a variety of events, ranging from birthdays to corporate events and weddings, and have curated music for both private and commercial occasions. My experience also includes using a variety of audio equipment, including turntables and mixers, as well as digital music software such as Ableton Live. I am also very knowledgeable in music genres such as house, hip-hop, jazz, and reggae. I am a team-oriented individual and collaborate well with event staff and other DJs. I am passionate about creating a unique and enjoyable atmosphere for all guests.
DJ at Aurora Borealis Music, AKApr 2022 - Present
- Played at a popular nightclub in Hollywood that regularly features top DJs from around the world.
- Played as an opening act for a well-known EDM artist.
- Was featured on a radio show that specializes in electronic music.
- Won first place in a local DJ competition.
- Produced a mix that was included on an international compilation album.
- Had one of my tracks played on BBC Radio 1.
Assistant DJ at DJ Dave, AKSep 2020 - Mar 2022
- I increased viewership on the radio station's website by 15% through creative social media promotion.
- I successfully coordinated and executed promotional events for the launch of three new albums, resulting in a 50% increase in sales.
- I created and implemented a new filing system for music files which decreased search time by 30%.
- I was responsible for training two new interns, who went on to be successful DJs in their own right.
- In my first year as Assistant DJ, I helped grow our listener base by 10%.
Intern DJ at North Star Productions, AKAug 2015 - Jul 2020
- Successfully completed training on how to operate the soundboard and other equipment.
- Became proficient in using Serato DJ software.
- Mastered beat-matching and cueing techniques.
- Developed an extensive music library of over 5,000 songs.
- Successfully executed 50+ live sets without any major mishaps.
- Gained a loyal following of regular listeners who tune in to my weekly show.
High School Diploma at Service High School, Anchorage, AKSep 2010 - May 2015
I've learned how to read, write, and do math.
- Music mixing
- Music selection
email@example.com | (597) 012-5955 | Anchorage, AK
I am a professional, experienced DJ with over 8 years of experience playing at events, festivals, and nightclubs. I specialize in creating custom playlists, mixing, and blending all types of music genres to keep the crowd moving and entertained. I have a passion for music and understand how to read a crowd, which has allowed me to successfully create a memorable atmosphere for each event. I am experienced in all types of equipment, and I am knowledgeable in sound engineering, music production, and sound design. I am confident that I can provide a high-quality show for any event.
DJ at Denali Disc Jockeys, AKMay 2022 - Present
- I increased sales by 20% in my first year as a DJ.
- I successfully negotiated contracts with 3 major music festivals.
- I was voted "Best Local DJ" by the readers of the city's newspaper.
- I played at over 100 private events and parties last year.
Assistant DJ at Midnight Sun Disc Jockeys, AKJul 2020 - Mar 2022
- Successfully completed training and became an Assistant DJ.
- Worked with the head DJ to create playlist for events.
- Set up equipment prior to event start times.
- Assisted guests with music requests throughout the event.
- Cleaned up equipment after events.
Intern DJ at Evergreen Disc Jockeys, AKAug 2015 - May 2020
- Interned at a top radio station in the city for 3 months.
- Played music at 5 different clubs around town.
- Was featured on 2 popular podcasts.
- Helped to organize and promote 3 successful events.
- Gained over 500 social media followers.
High School Diploma at Service High School, Anchorage, AKAug 2011 - May 2015
In high school, I learned how to study for and take tests, how to write essays, and how to do research.
- Music mixing
- Music selection
- Phrase mixing
- EQ manipulation
- FX usage