Writing a great diversity manager resume is important because it is one of the first things a potential employer will see when they are considering you for a position. It is your opportunity to make a good first impression and sell yourself as the best candidate for the job.
Create your resume
Select from 7 professional resume templates
If you're looking for inspiration when it comes to drafting your own diversity manager resume, look no further than the samples below. These resumes will help you highlight your experience and qualifications in the most effective way possible, giving you the best chance of landing the diversity manager job you're after.
email@example.com | (378) 122-1896 | Detroit, MI
I am a Diversity Manager with over 5 years of experience in the field. I have worked extensively with organizations to create and implement policies and procedures that foster an inclusive environment for all employees. I have also developed training programs on diversity and inclusion topics, such as unconscious bias and microaggressions. In addition, I have conducted research on best practices for promoting diversity within organizations.
Diversity Manager at Ford Motor Company, MIJun 2022 - Present
- Led the development and implementation of a new diversity and inclusion strategy that resulted in a more diverse and inclusive workplace.
- Created and launched an employee resource group for LGBTQ+ employees.
- Organized company-wide events celebrating Black History Month, Women’s History Month, Pride Month, etc.
- Partnered with local organizations to offer unconscious bias training to all employees. • Led the creation of a task force to address race relations within the organization following national protests against police brutality.
Associate Diversity Manager at General Motors Corporation, MIAug 2017 - Apr 2022
- Led the development and implementation of a new diversity and inclusion strategy that increased employee engagement by XX%.
- Created and launched an Employee Resource Group (ERG) for LGBTQIA+ employees which grew to over 100 members in its first year.
- Developed unconscious bias training program that was completed by XX% of employees within 6 months.
- Led company-wide efforts to increase recruitment of underrepresented groups, resulting in a XXXX% increase in applications from these groups.
- Partnered with HR team to review all policies and procedures through a diversity lens, leading to the revision/creation of 10 policies.
Master of Science in Diversity Management at Michigan State UniversityAug 2013 - May 2017
Some skills I've learned are conducting research, writing reports, giving presentations, and project management.
- Interpersonal skills
- Organizational skills
- Planning and coordination ability
- Problem-solving skills
- Research abilities
- Writing proficiency
firstname.lastname@example.org | (695) 814-4808 |
I am a highly experienced Diversity Manager with over 5 years in the field. I have worked extensively with businesses and organizations to develop and implement diversity initiatives, programs, and policies. I am passionate about promoting inclusion and equity, and have a proven track record of success in this area. I am knowledgeable about best practices for diversity management, and have a keen eye for detail when it comes to developing strategies that are tailored to meet the needs of specific organizations.
Diversity Manager at Diversity Manager: Accenture, TXMay 2022 - Present
- Led a team of 4 diversity specialists and successfully increased workplace inclusion by 12%.
- Implemented new policies that resulted in a 5% increase in underrepresented groups being hired.
- Created and led training sessions on unconscious bias which were attended by over 500 employees.
- Organized company-wide events celebrating Black History Month, Pride Month, and International Women’s Day which received positive feedback from employees.
- Negotiated with upper management to create a budget for an employee resource group for LGBTQ+ individuals.
Associate Diversity Manager at Diversity Manager: Dell, TXSep 2017 - Apr 2022
- Led a team of 5 in developing and implementing an inclusion and diversity strategy for the company which resulted in a 15% increase in underrepresented employees within 1 year.
- Successfully advocated for increased budget to support employee resource groups, leading to a 50% increase in participation from underrepresented groups.
- Worked with senior leadership to create 3 new policies aimed at increasing equity and inclusion within the workplace. These policies led to a decrease in incidents of discrimination by 30%.
Master of Science in Diversity Management at University of HoustonSep 2013 - May 2017
I have learned how to manage diversity in the workplace effectively.
- Understanding of diversity and inclusion
- Ability to develop relationships with diverse groups
- Strong communication skills
- Organizational skills
- Facilitation skills
- Conflict resolution skills