Writing a great disc jockey resume is important because it is one of the first things a potential employer will see when they are considering you for a position. It is your opportunity to make a good first impression and sell yourself as the best candidate for the job.
Create your resume
Select from 7 professional resume templates
If you're looking for inspiration when it comes to drafting your own disc jockey resume, look no further than the samples below. These resumes will help you highlight your experience and qualifications in the most effective way possible, giving you the best chance of landing the disc jockey job you're after.
firstname.lastname@example.org | (763) 772-8234 | Birmingham, AL
As a disc jockey with over three years of experience, I have provided music and entertainment for a variety of events. I have an extensive knowledge of music genres and am able to read the crowd to ensure that they are having a good time. My goal is always to create an enjoyable atmosphere that people will remember long after the event is over.
Lead Disc Jockey at DJ Connection, ALJun 2022 - Present
- Successfully managed a team of disc jockeys while maintaining my own radio show.
- Grew listenership for my show by 10% through creative programming and marketing.
- Created successful promotional campaigns that resulted in increased revenue for the station.
- Was named “Best Disc Jockey” by the city’s music magazine two years in a row.
- Won several awards for on-air personality and creativity.
Disc Jockey at The Mobile DJ, ALSep 2019 - May 2022
- Played at a packed stadium of screaming fans.
- Mixed records flawlessly for an hour-long set.
- Kept the energy high and maintained control of the crowd throughout my entire set.
- Read the crowd and played songs that got everyone dancing.
- Ended my set with a bang, leaving everyone wanting more.
High School Diploma at Hoover High School, Hoover, ALAug 2015 - May 2019
I've learned how to effectively manage my time, how to study for exams, and how to write essays.
- Music Production
- Music Composition
- Audio Editing
- Sound Engineering
- DJing Techniques
email@example.com | (618) 734-6615 | Arlington, VA
I have over three years of experience working as a disc jockey. I've worked at various clubs and events, and have gained a strong following. I'm comfortable with both digital and vinyl formats, and am always up-to-date on the latest music trends. I pride myself on being able to read a crowd and play what they want to hear.
Lead Disc Jockey at DJ Connection, VAApr 2022 - Present
- Played music for over 100 hours on the air.
- Programmed and played 5 live shows per week.
- Interviewed 50+ guests on-air.
- Wrote, produced, and voiced 150+ commercials.
- Trained 4 new DJs in proper disc jockey techniques.
- Created 2 successful long-running radio programs.
Disc Jockey at The Mobile DJ, VASep 2019 - Mar 2022
- Played music for an average of 4 hours per gig.
- Picked songs that matched the crowd and kept them dancing.
- Created seamless transitions between songs.
- Kept energy levels high throughout the night.
- Read the crowd and adjusted song selection accordingly.
- Ended the night on a high note.
High School Diploma at George Mason University, VASep 2015 - May 2019
I've learned how to read, write, and do math.
- Music mixing
- Music selection