firstname.lastname@example.org | (304) 554-7191 |
Director of Special Events at The Knot, IAJun 2022 - Present
- Led a team of 15 event planners in executing 100 events annually, with an average budget of $500k per event.
- Successfully increased attendance by 20% year over year for the organization’s signature fundraising gala.
- Negotiated vendor contracts resulting in cost savings of 10% or more on all major events.
- Implemented new policies and procedures that streamlined the event planning process and reduced overall costs by 5%.
- Managed a departmental budget of $5M+.
Assistant Director of Special Events at WeddingWire, IASep 2019 - May 2022
- Led a team of 15 event planners in executing over 100 events annually with an average budget of $50,000.
- Successfully negotiated room blocks and contracts with hotels resulting in cost savings of 10-15%.
- Redesigned the department's website which increased online traffic by 25%.
- Implemented new software that streamlined the event registration process and saved 200 man hours per year.
- Wrote proposals that secured $1.5 million in corporate sponsorships for special events.
Event Coordinator at Brides, IAJul 2015 - Jul 2019
- Successfully coordinated and executed 100 events in one year.
- Managed a team of 5 event coordinators who successfully executed 250 events total.
- Successfully stay within budget for 85% of all events Coordinated.
- Negotiated vendor contracts resulting in cost savings of 15%.
- Worked with clients to develop creative solutions that met their objectives while staying within their budget 95% of the time.
Bachelor of Science in Event Management at Iowa State UniversitySep 2010 - May 2015
I've learned how to plan, design, and execute events while studying for my Bachelor of Science in Event Management.
- Event Planning
- Event Coordination
- Contract Negotiation
- Customer Service
email@example.com | (749) 989-2541 | 350 Summer St, Boston, MA 02210
Director of Special Events at Boston Symphony Orchestra, MAApr 2022 - Present
- Successfully planned and executed 100+ special events with up to 500 guests in attendance.
- Collaborated with clients to develop creative and innovative event concepts that met their objectives and budget.
- Managed a team of 15+ staff members and contractors to ensure all elements of the event were executed flawlessly.
- Negotiated contracts with vendors to secure competitive rates and terms.
- Created detailed timelines and budgets for each event which ensured efficient use of resources.
Assistant Director of Special Events at Museum of Fine Arts, Boston, MAAug 2020 - Mar 2022
- Planned and executed 10 successful special events with an average attendance of 250 guests.
- Increased departmental budget by 20% through creative cost-saving measures.
- Negotiated contracts with vendors that resulted in savings of 15% on average.
- Hired, trained and supervised a team of 5 event staff members.
Event Coordinator at The Boston Globe, MASep 2015 - Jul 2020
- Successfully planned and executed 10 events with over 200 attendees each.
- Created successful partnerships with vendors that resulted in cost savings of 20%.
- Managed a team of 5 event staff and volunteers to execute all aspects of the event.
- Received positive feedback from 97% of survey respondents regarding overall satisfaction with the event.
- Increased attendance at events by 15% on average through creative marketing campaigns.
Bachelor of Science in Event Management at Boston University, MAAug 2011 - May 2015
I have learned how to manage events, how to work with clients, and how to negotiate contracts.
- Event planning
- Event management
- Contract negotiation
- Marketing and promotion
- Customer service
- Project management