firstname.lastname@example.org | (421) 036-2406 | Charleston, WV
Director of Software Engineering at Morgantown, WV: Mylan, West Virginia University, Mon Health, WVMay 2022 - Present
- Led a team of 12 software engineers and 4 QA analysts responsible for developing high-quality enterprise software.
- Achieved on-time delivery of all 8 major releases over 3 years period.
- Delivered $4.5M in cost savings by implementing process improvements.
- Reduced time to market by 30% through implementation of agile development methodology.
- Increased customer satisfaction scores from 68% to 82%.
- Grew department headcount from 20 to 35 employees while maintaining low turnover (<10%).
Senior Director of Software Engineering at , WVSep 2019 - Apr 2022
- Led a team of 50 software engineers and achieved a 25% increase in productivity.
- Implemented new software development processes that increased quality by 30%.
- Decreased project cycle time from 6 months to 4 months.
- Achieved 100% customer satisfaction rating for the past 3 years.
- Grew revenue by 20% year over year for the past 5 years.
Lead Director of Software Engineering at Charleston, WV: Vantage Health Plan, CAMC Health System, Valley Health System, WVAug 2015 - Jul 2019
- Led a team of software engineers in developing and releasing 12 software products, with an average rating of 4.5/5 stars on major review sites.
- Successfully implemented agile methodology across the engineering department, resulting in a 30% increase in productivity.
- Slashed development time for new releases by 60%, from 6 months to 2.5 months, while still maintaining high quality standards.
- Spearheaded the initiative to switch from waterfall to Agile methodology, which resulted in a 50% reduction in defects per release cycle.
Bachelor of Science in Computer Science at West Virginia UniversityAug 2011 - May 2015
I've learned how to design and implement software solutions to problems, how to use various programming languages to create said solutions, and how to use computer systems to their fullest potential.
- Technical management
- Strategic planning
- Budgeting and forecasting
- Resource allocation
- Project management
- Software development life cycle
- Change management
email@example.com | (172) 567-1182 | Charleston, SC
Director of Software Engineering at Boeing, SCMay 2022 - Present
- Led a team of 30 software engineers to develop and release 3 major software products on schedule.
- Reduced product development cycle time by 20% through process improvements.
- Implemented new Agile methodology across the engineering department, resulting in increased productivity and morale.
- Hired and trained 5 new software engineers, bringing total staff up to 35.
- Negotiated favorable licensing terms with 2 different vendors, saving the company $50,000 per year.
Senior Director of Software Engineering at Michelin, SCJul 2019 - Mar 2022
- Led a team of 50 software engineers and achieved a 97% satisfaction rating.
- Implemented an agile development process that increased productivity by 35%.
- Developed a new software platform that was adopted by 3 major corporations.
- Negotiated licensing deals with 5 major companies for use of the new platform.
- Won “Best in Show” at the annual trade show for the new software platform.
Lead Director of Software Engineering at Honda, SCJul 2015 - May 2019
- Led a team of software engineers in developing and releasing 4 major software products within 2 years.
- Grew the team from 8 to 25 members during her tenure.
- Defined and implemented company-wide coding standards that increased code quality and reduced development time by 20%.
- Implemented an automated testing framework that uncovered over 500 bugs in the first year.
- Negotiated favorable licensing terms with 3rd party vendors which saved the company $250,000 per year.
Bachelor of Science in Computer Science at Clemson University, SCAug 2010 - May 2015
I have learned programming, software development, testing, and debugging skills while studying Bachelor of Science in Computer Science.