email@example.com | (965) 969-7196 | Austin, TX
Director of Purchasing at Advance Auto Parts, TXApr 2022 - Present
- Negotiated and executed a contract with a new supplier that resulted in annual savings of $2 million.
- Implemented a new inventory management system that reduced stock levels by 10% and decreased inventory write-offs by 25%.
- Led the development of departmental policies and procedures that improved efficiency and increased compliance with company purchasing guidelines.
- Managed a team of 15 buyers responsible for procurement across all product categories.
- Reviewed and approved all purchase orders exceeding $100,000 prior to submission to senior management.
- Monitored market trends and advised senior management on opportunities for cost reduction initiatives.
Senior Purchasing Manager at AutoZone, TXSep 2020 - Mar 2022
- Exceeded cost savings goals by negotiating better prices with vendors and suppliers.
- Streamlined the purchasing process, resulting in a 10% increase in efficiency.
- Negotiated contracts with new vendors and suppliers, increasing the number of options by 20%.
- Developed and implemented a new vendor management system, reducing late deliveries by 30%.
- Trained and mentored junior members of the team, helping to develop their skills and knowledge.
Purchasing Manager at O'Reilly Auto Parts, TXAug 2015 - Aug 2020
- Negotiated prices with vendors that saved the company $100,000 over the course of a year.
- Created and implemented a new purchasing system that increased efficiency by 30%.
- Partnered with suppliers to create custom products for clients which generated an additional $250,000 in revenue.
- Established relationships with new vendors which broadened the product selection and lowered costs by 10%.
- Trained and mentored 3 junior buyer analysts.
Bachelor of Science in Business Administration at University of Texas at DallasSep 2011 - May 2015
I have learned how to communicate with people, how to work in a team, how to manage my time, and how to solve problems.
- Contract Management
- Supply Chain Management
- Inventory Control
- Cost Analysis
- Strategic Planning
firstname.lastname@example.org | (953) 700-1028 | Oklahoma City, OK
Director of Purchasing at Walmart, OKMar 2022 - Present
- Negotiated and implemented new contracts with vendors which resulted in a 5% decrease in overall costs.
- Led the development and implementation of a new purchasing software system which streamlined the process and saved $50,000 annually.
- Managed a team of 12 buyers responsible for procurement across 10 departments.
- Identified opportunities for cost savings through strategic sourcing initiatives which yielded annual savings of $1 million.
- Developed and executed supply chain strategies to support company growth goals resulting in an increase in inventory turnover by 20%.
- Partnered with suppliers to resolve quality issues saving $100,000 per year.
Senior Purchasing Manager at Target, OKJul 2020 - Mar 2022
- Negotiated and purchased $5 million in office furniture for a new corporate headquarters.
- Managed a team of 12 buyers who were responsible for purchasing $250 million in goods annually.
- Negotiated pricing discounts with vendors that saved the company $100,000 per year.
- Implemented a new inventory management system that reduced stock levels by 10%.
- Awarded "Supplier of the Year" by ABC Corporation.
- Led negotiations with unions that resulted in lower labor costs by 5%.
Purchasing Manager at Amazon, OKSep 2015 - May 2020
- Negotiated and purchased raw materials, packaging supplies, equipment, services, and office furniture totaling $5M annually while maintaining quality standards.
- Implemented an e-procurement system that automated the purchase order process and reduced processing time by 50%.
- Developed supplier performance metrics and instituted a quarterly review process that improved on-time delivery from 70% to 95%.
- Partnered with accounting to resolve invoice discrepancies which resulted in annual cost savings of $250K.
- Led the development of specifications for Request for Proposal (RFP) projects valued at over $1M.
- Chaired the cross-functional team responsible for developing sourcing strategies that achieved 15% reduction in total spend without compromising quality or service levels.
Bachelor of Science in Business Administration at Oklahoma State University, OKSep 2011 - May 2015
I've learned how to manage a business, including its finances, personnel, and operations.
- Contract negotiation
- Supply chain management
- Inventory management
- Cost analysis
- Vendor relations
- Strategic planning