Director Of Photography
Writing a great director of photography resume is important because it is one of the first things a potential employer will see when they are considering you for a position. It is your opportunity to make a good first impression and sell yourself as the best candidate for the job.
Create your resume
Select from 7 professional resume templates
If you're looking for inspiration when it comes to drafting your own director of photography resume, look no further than the samples below. These resumes will help you highlight your experience and qualifications in the most effective way possible, giving you the best chance of landing the director of photography job you're after.
firstname.lastname@example.org | (412) 747-1150 | Las Vegas, NV
Director Of Photography at Peter W. Cushman, NVJun 2022 - Present
- I increased viewership on the channel by 20% with my innovative photography techniques.
- I was able to save the company $5,000 per month in production costs by negotiating discounts with local vendors.
- I successfully completed a project ahead of schedule and under budget, which resulted in positive feedback from the client.
- My creative eye led to award-winning campaigns that generated significant buzz and media attention.
Senior Director Of Photography at Richard K. Cushman, NVJul 2018 - May 2022
- Led a team of 15 photographers in creating images for an international advertising campaign that spanned 12 countries and generated $100 million in sales.
- Hired as the Senior Director Of Photography for a major motion picture studio and oversaw all photography related to production, post-production, and publicity.
- Grew up in the industry working my way from intern to Assistant Director Of Photography on big budget films.
- Consistently brought projects in under budget while maintaining high quality standards set by clients.
- Won multiple awards for my work including a Clio and Cannes Lion.
Lead Director Of Photography at John A. Kline, NVSep 2012 - Jun 2018
- Led a team of 5 photographers in creating promotional content for a major clothing retailer.
- Captured and edited images that were used in an international advertising campaign.
- Worked with a variety of clients, including high-profile celebrities, to create stunning portraits.
Bachelor of Science in Photography at University of Nevada, RenoAug 2007 - May 2012
I have learned how to use a camera, how to edit photos, and how to make a portfolio.
- Camera Operation
- Film Editing
- Visual Effects
- 7. Audio Production
email@example.com | (114) 235-8446 | 33460 US-280,
Director Of Photography at Red Rock Pictures, ALApr 2022 - Present
- Successfully completed photography projects for 3 major brands.
- Worked with a team of 5 photographers to complete a project in 2 weeks.
- Managed a budget of $50,000 for a photoshoot.
- Coordinated with 10 different agencies to get the perfect shots.
- Oversaw the post-production process for 100 photos.
Senior Director Of Photography at Windmill Lane Productions, ALAug 2019 - Mar 2022
- Achieved a 98% customer satisfaction rating over the course of 3 years.
- Led team of 15 photographers in producing an average of 200 photos per week.
- Trained and developed 4 new photographers, who are now among the company’s top performers.
- Negotiated discounts with 5 different vendors, resulting in savings of $10,000 annually.
- Implemented a new photo editing software that increased efficiency by 30%.
- Won 2 awards for best photography at industry-leading conferences.
Lead Director Of Photography at Blue Sky Studios, ALAug 2012 - Jul 2019
- Negotiated and oversaw budgets for photography projects, ensuring that all costs were kept within the allocated budget.
- Led a team of photographers on location shoots, ensuring that all shots were captured as required.
- Managed post-production processes for photography projects, including editing and retouching images.
- Liaised with clients to ensure that their specific requirements were met.
- Generated new ideas and concepts for photography shoots.
- Wrote proposals and tenders for potential photography work.
Bachelor of Science in Photography at Auburn University, ALAug 2007 - May 2012
I have learned how to use a DSLR camera, how to edit photos using Photoshop, how to shoot in RAW format, and how to use a light meter.
- Camera operation
- Film editing
- Visual effects