firstname.lastname@example.org | (296) 714-5508 | Sioux Falls, SD
Director of Education at The American Association for the Advancement of Science, SDApr 2022 - Present
- Led a team of 10 education professionals and increased departmental efficiency by 20%.
- Cut the budget for educational materials by 30% while still maintaining high quality resources.
- Wrote curriculum for 3 new courses which are now being taught in 5 schools.
- Negotiated with 6 different vendors to get better prices on school supplies.
- Trained 2 new Education Specialists who are now successfully teaching in the district.
Assistant Director of Education at National Science Teachers Association, SDJul 2018 - Mar 2022
- Led a team of 10 education specialists and successfully implemented new educational programs for at-risk youth.
- Coordinated the efforts of 20 staff members to develop and implement an after-school program for 200 students.
- Wrote proposals that secured $1 million in funding from government and private sources.
- Hired, trained, and supervised 50 teaching assistants.
- Successfully created partnerships with community organizations to provide resources for families in need.
Associate Director of Education at National Education Association, SDSep 2012 - May 2018
- Hired and trained a team of 15 education specialists who provide support to over 100 schools in the district.
- Implemented a new professional development program for educators that has resulted in increased test scores by an average of 5%.
- Led the development and rollout of a new curriculum for all elementary schools in the district.
- Negotiated contracts with vendors that saved the district $1 million annually.
- Worked with stakeholders to develop and implement a plan to reduce truancy rates by 10%.
Master of Education in Educational Leadership at University of South DakotaAug 2007 - May 2012
Through my Master of Education in Educational Leadership program, I have learned how to be an effective leader in the educational setting.
- Educational Leadership
- Curriculum Development
- Educational Technology
- Classroom Management
- Professional Development
- Instructional Design
email@example.com | (421) 685-7584 | Anchorage, AK
Director of Education at Museum of the North, AKJun 2022 - Present
- Led a team of 50 educators in developing and implementing innovative curriculum for grades K-12.
- Increased test scores by 15% across all grade levels within one school year.
- Decreased the dropout rate from 5% to 2% over a three-year period.
- Successfully advocated for increased funding from the state government, resulting in an additional $1 million dollars for education programs.
- Developed and implemented a new professional development program that resulted in improved teacher retention rates by 10%.
- Created partnerships with local businesses and organizations to provide internships and job opportunities for students.
Assistant Director of Education at University of Alaska Anchorage, AKAug 2019 - Apr 2022
- Led a team of 10 educators in developing and implementing innovative educational programs that resulted in an increase of student test scores by 15%.
- Successfully created and managed budgets for 3 education departments, totaling $1.2 million annually.
- Authored 5 successful grant applications which brought in over $250,000 in funding for new educational initiatives.
- Demonstrated exceptional leadership skills by managing a staff of 30+ employees across 3 departments.
- Implemented effective communication strategies that improved parent engagement by 20%.
- Led the development and implementation of 2 new curriculum standards that are now being used district-wide.
Associate Director of Education at University of Alaska Fairbanks, AKSep 2012 - Jul 2019
- Led a team of 15 educators in designing and implementing curriculum for grades 6-12.
- Wrote proposals that secured $1.5 million in funding from government and private donors.
- Hired and trained 50 new teachers on effective teaching methods.
- Negotiated contracts with vendors that saved the school district $100,000 annually.
- Led professional development workshops for 500 teachers on using technology in the classroom.
- Presented at national conferences on innovative education practices.
Master of Education in Educational Leadership at University of Alaska FairbanksAug 2008 - May 2012
I have learned how to be an effective leader in education.
- Public Speaking