Director Of Business Development
Writing a great director of business development resume is important because it is one of the first things a potential employer will see when they are considering you for a position. It is your opportunity to make a good first impression and sell yourself as the best candidate for the job.
Create your resume
Select from 7 professional resume templates
If you're looking for inspiration when it comes to drafting your own director of business development resume, look no further than the samples below. These resumes will help you highlight your experience and qualifications in the most effective way possible, giving you the best chance of landing the director of business development job you're after.
firstname.lastname@example.org | (629) 181-0435 | Philadelphia, PA
I am an accomplished Director of Business Development with over 8 years of experience in the field. My background includes working with Fortune 500 companies to create and execute comprehensive business development strategies. I have a proven track record of success driving growth and revenue through the development of new markets and products. I am well versed in market research, strategic planning, and project management. I possess excellent communication and negotiating skills, which have enabled me to build relationships and partnerships with key industry stakeholders. I am a motivated self-starter that enjoys working in a fast-paced environment and am committed to delivering results.
Director Of Business Development at Comcast, PAMay 2022 - Present
- Led the development of a new business unit that generated $12 million in annual revenue within two years.
- Developed and implemented go-to-market strategies that resulted in 20% market share growth.
- Grew team from 3 to 15 members, increasing departmental efficiency by 400%.
- Pioneered the use of data analytics to identify new business opportunities, resulting in $5 million in incremental revenue over 18 months.
- This one is tough because it's hard to quantify some "top" accomplishments for a role like this--it could vary greatly depending on company size/type, industry, etc. But here are six possible ones:.
- 1) Led the development of a successful new product line or service which generated [X] amount of additional revenue for the company each year.
- 2)Successfully navigated complex partner relationships which led to increased cooperation and an expansion of joint ventures, ultimately benefiting both parties involved as well as growing the company's overall bottom line.
- 3) Demonstrated exemplary leadership skills by managing and developing a high performing team who consistently achieved stretch goals set forth by upper management.
- 4) Utilized keen analytical skills coupled with trendspotting abilities to develop creative solutions for long-standing problems within the organization - identified areas ripe for process improvement which yielded significant financial savings / efficiencies annually. // 5) Actively cultivated strong relationships with key clients & customers; served as primary point person responsible for maintaining communication channels.
Senior Director Of Business Development at Pfizer, PAJul 2020 - Apr 2022
- Negotiated and closed a $2.5 million deal with ABC Corporation.
- Grew the business development team from 3 to 10 members.
- Achieved 150% of target in new sales for the fiscal year.
- Led the development of a successful new product line that generated $1 million in revenue within 6 months.
- Developed and implemented a strategy that resulted in a 20% increase in market share.
- Won “Best Business Development Team” at the annual company awards ceremony.
Executive Director Of Business Development at Verizon, PAAug 2015 - May 2020
- Led the development and implementation of a new business development strategy that generated $12M in new revenue within the first year.
- Successfully cultivated relationships with key decision makers at target companies, leading to 5 new partnerships.
- Negotiated and closed 6 major deals with Fortune 500 companies, resulting in an increase in market share for our products/services.
- Developed innovative marketing campaigns that increased brand awareness by 30% and led to a 10% increase in sales inquiries.
Master of Business Administration at University of PennsylvaniaSep 2011 - May 2015
Some skills I've learned are effective communication, teamwork, leadership, and time management.
- Business development
- Business strategy
- Project management
- Financial analysis
email@example.com | (650) 040-6238 | Burlington, VT
I am an experienced Director of Business Development with over 8 years of success in driving corporate growth and profitability. I am passionate about developing and implementing business strategies that help businesses achieve maximum ROI. With a Bachelor's degree in Business Administration and a Master's degree in Entrepreneurship, I have a comprehensive understanding of the key principles of business. I have a track record of success in identifying new business opportunities, developing marketing and sales plans, and leading teams to achieve financial and operational objectives. I have a strong ability to build relationships with key stakeholders, clients, and partners, and am adept at developing strategies for increasing revenue and market share. I am a results-oriented leader who is highly motivated to take on new challenges and achieve success.
Director Of Business Development at Green Mountain Coffee Roasters, VTJun 2022 - Present
- Led a team of Business Development professionals in developing and executing sales plans resulting in achieving/surpassing quota by an average of 27% per year.
- Grew territories under management by an average of 35% per year while increasing market share in each territory.
- Successfully created and launched 3 new products generating $12M in first 12 months.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully negotiate complex contracts with clients valued up to $20M+ annually.
- Achieved “President’s Club” honors 4 out of 5 years as top-performing Sales Executive.
Senior Director Of Business Development at Burton Snowboards, VTJul 2020 - May 2022
- Led the development team that increased sales by 25% in one year.
- Grew the company’s client base by 20% in two years.
- Developed and implemented a new marketing strategy that boosted brand awareness by 30%.
- Successfully negotiated contracts with 5 major clients, worth a total of $10 million annually.
- Managed a team of 15 Business Development Representatives, achieving quotas consistently for 3 years.
- Wrote proposals to secure 6 government contracts, totaling $4 million.
Executive Director Of Business Development at Keurig, VTAug 2015 - Jun 2020
- Negotiated and closed $5 million deal with Coca-Cola to become exclusive beverage provider for all company events.
- Defined new business development strategy that generated $3 million in new revenue within first 6 months.
- Grew team from 3 to 15 members, increasing departmental productivity by 400%.
- Wrote successful grant request for $1.5 million which was used to fund a new marketing campaign resulting in a 10% increase in sales.
Master of Business Administration at University of Vermont, VTSep 2011 - May 2015
Some skills I've learned are critical thinking, problem solving, and effective communication.
- Business Strategy
- Business Planning
- Sales Management
- Marketing Management
- Financial Analysis
- Project Management
- Business Development