Writing a great detective resume is important because it is one of the first things a potential employer will see when they are considering you for a position. It is your opportunity to make a good first impression and sell yourself as the best candidate for the job.
Create your resume
Select from 7 professional resume templates
If you're looking for inspiration when it comes to drafting your own detective resume, look no further than the samples below. These resumes will help you highlight your experience and qualifications in the most effective way possible, giving you the best chance of landing the detective job you're after.
firstname.lastname@example.org | (235) 091-1948 | 1211 West Locust Street, Davenport, IA
I have over 5 years of experience as a Detective. I have worked in both the public and private sector, and I have gained a wealth of knowledge in investigative techniques, interviewing skills, crime scene analysis and evidence collection. I am also experienced in working with confidential informants and building cases against major criminals. In addition to my law enforcement experience, I also hold a Bachelor's degree in Criminal Justice from XYZ University.
Detective at ICS detective agency, IAJun 2022 - Present
- Successfully apprehended 97% of criminals targeted.
- Recovered $3.5 million in stolen property.
- Successfully solved 94% of cases worked.
- Obtained over 100 search warrants and 80 arrest warrants.
- Worked undercover on 3 major sting operations leading to the arrests of 42 high-level drug dealers.
- Testified in court as an expert witness in 30 trials.
Detective Sergeant at Elite detectives, IAAug 2017 - Apr 2022
- Led a team of detectives in solving a high-profile murder case, resulting in the arrest and conviction of the killer.
- Successfully completed undercover work that led to the dismantling of an illegal drug ring.
- Worked with witnesses and victims to gather evidence and information that helped solve crimes.
- Conducted interviews with suspects that resulted in confessions or useful information.
- Analyzed crime scenes and collected physical evidence that was used to help solve cases.
- Wrote detailed reports documenting all aspects of investigation work.
Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice at University of Iowa, IAAug 2012 - May 2017
Some skills I've learned are: report writing, data analysis, critical thinking, and research.
- Criminal Investigation
- Evidence Collection
- Crime Scene Analysis
- Interviewing Skills
- Surveillance Techniques
- Report Writing
email@example.com | (882) 413-0077 | 1250 S. Puget Sound Ave., Tacoma, WA
I have over 5 years of experience as a Detective. I have worked on many cases and have helped to solve them. I am a very good investigator and can find clues that others may not see. I am also good at working with people and getting information from them.
Detective at ADCO Investigations, Inc., WAMar 2022 - Present
- Successfully closed 100+ cases during my career as a detective.
- Solved a high-profile case that had been unsolved for years.
- Recovered millions of dollars in stolen property.
- Brought down several major crime syndicates.
Detective Sergeant at , WAAug 2017 - Mar 2022
- Led a team of detectives in investigating a series of murders. Closed the case with a 100% success rate.
- Investigated and solved a complex financial fraud case involving multiple companies and millions of dollars.
- Led an undercover operation that resulted in the arrest of several high-level drug dealers. Seized over $1 million worth of illegal drugs and weapons.
- Successfully apprehended a fugitive who had been on the run for over 10 years.
- Worked closely with local, state, and federal law enforcement agencies to investigate and solve crimes.
Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice at University of Washington, WASep 2012 - May 2017
I have learned to analyze and interpret data, to think critically, and to communicate effectively in writing and verbally.
- Crime scene investigation
- Evidence collection and analysis
- Interviewing witnesses and suspects
- Surveillance techniques
- Criminal profiling
- Use of force guidelines
- Report writing