Writing a great deputy director resume is important because it is one of the first things a potential employer will see when they are considering you for a position. It is your opportunity to make a good first impression and sell yourself as the best candidate for the job.
Create your resume
Select from 7 professional resume templates
If you're looking for inspiration when it comes to drafting your own deputy director resume, look no further than the samples below. These resumes will help you highlight your experience and qualifications in the most effective way possible, giving you the best chance of landing the deputy director job you're after.
firstname.lastname@example.org | (559) 907-6405 | Boston, MA
Deputy Director at Department of Revenue, MAMay 2022 - Present
- Led a team of 12 deputies who successfully completed over 1,000 investigations.
- Investigated and closed 100% of assigned cases.
- Trained new investigators in proper investigative techniques.
- Negotiated settlements in 50% of cases investigated saving the department an average of $5,000 per case.
- Authored policy paper on improving investigation efficiency that was implemented by the department.
Assistant Deputy Director at Department of Health and Human Services, MAJul 2020 - Apr 2022
- Led a team of 12 analysts in providing analysis and support for the development of $2.5 billion annual budget.
- Researched, wrote, and edited 10 reports on topics such as organizational performance and program effectiveness.
- Managed projects with budgets totaling $1 million annually.
- Led teams of up to 25 people in developing new strategies or processes.
- Wrote 5 proposals that were subsequently funded by external organizations.
Associate Deputy Director at Department of Education, MASep 2015 - May 2020
- Led a team of 30 analysts in providing critical analysis and support for the development of key strategies to reduce violent crime.
- Conducted an extensive review of data and literature on effective violence reduction strategies, which resulted in the implementation of several new programs that led to a decrease in violent crime by 15%.
- Led the development and implementation of a comprehensive training program for law enforcement officers on how to effectively respond to and investigate cases of domestic violence. This training program has been credited with reducing instances of domestic violence by 10%.
- Coordinated with multiple agencies and organizations to develop and implement a citywide gun buyback program that resulted in the removalof 1,500 illegal firearms from circulation.
Master of Science in Public Administration at Harvard University, MASep 2010 - May 2015
Some skills I've learned are program evaluation, policy analysis, research methods, and statistics.
- Problem Solving
- Public Speaking
email@example.com | (427) 399-4684 | Reno, NV
Deputy Director at Barrick Gold Corporation, NVJun 2022 - Present
- Led a team of 12 in implementing an employee development program that increased productivity by 25%.
- Successfully managed the budget for the department, coming in under budget for 3 years consecutively.
- Championed initiatives that resulted in a 5% reduction in workplace injuries over a 2-year period.
- Led the charge in developing and revising safety protocols which led to a 10% decrease.
- In on-the-job accidents last year.
- Was instrumental in increasing customer satisfaction scores by 15% through process improvements.
- And implementation of new technologies.
Assistant Deputy Director at Newmont Mining Corporation, NVJul 2019 - May 2022
- Led a team of 12 analysts in providing critical analysis and support during a time of organizational change.
- Actively participated in the development of 3 new business processes which increased efficiency by 30%.
- Successfully negotiated with 2 external vendors to secure more favorable contract terms.
- Provided training to 20+ employees on the use of data analytics tools.
- Authored 5 monthly reports detailing trends in customer behavior.
- Presented findings from 6 different research projects to senior management.
Associate Deputy Director at Kinross Gold Corporation, NVSep 2015 - Jun 2019
- Led a team of 15 analysts in providing analysis and support for the development of policies to reduce violent crime.
- Conducted an extensive review of literature on effective interventions to reduce violence.
- Developed and implemented a new data-driven approach to analyzing violent crime trends.
- Authored or co-authored several reports on findings from the analysis, which led to changes in policy at the state and federal level.
- Trained law enforcement officers across the country on how to use data to drive decision making about reducing violence.
Master of Science in Public Administration at University of Nevada, RenoAug 2011 - May 2015
I have learned how to effectively manage public policy, how to work with diverse groups of people, and how to analyze and solve complex problems.