Writing a great curriculum director resume is important because it is one of the first things a potential employer will see when they are considering you for a position. It is your opportunity to make a good first impression and sell yourself as the best candidate for the job.
Create your resume
Select from 7 professional resume templates
If you're looking for inspiration when it comes to drafting your own curriculum director resume, look no further than the samples below. These resumes will help you highlight your experience and qualifications in the most effective way possible, giving you the best chance of landing the curriculum director job you're after.
firstname.lastname@example.org | (556) 927-1836 | Bowling Green, KY
I am an experienced Curriculum Director with over 8 years of experience in designing, developing, and implementing educational programs and curriculum. I have a proven track record of creating standards-based curriculum, developing and facilitating professional development activities, and managing a wide range of projects for K-12 schools. I am highly proficient in working on interdisciplinary teams, leading collaborative initiatives, and utilizing data to inform decision-making. My expertise in educational research and strategic planning have enabled me to create successful curricular practices and initiatives that have improved student outcomes. I am dedicated to ensuring that all students have access to the highest quality educational experiences.
Curriculum Director at Jefferson County Public Schools, KYMay 2022 - Present
- Led the development of a new curriculum that was implemented in all schools across the district.
- Improved test scores by X% over a period of Y years.
- Developed and implemented professional development programs for teachers on effective teaching methods.
- Created instructional materials and resources for use in classrooms.
- Served on state-level committees to develop educational standards.
Assistant Curriculum Director at Fayette County Public Schools, KYJul 2019 - Apr 2022
- Led the development and implementation of a new curriculum that resulted in increased student achievement by 5%.
- Reduced teacher turnover by 10% through implementing professional development opportunities.
- Implemented a new data-tracking system that helped to identify at-risk students earlier, resulting in a decrease in the dropout rate by 2%.
- Coordinated with district administration to develop and implement budgets for all curriculum initiatives, staying within budget 98% of the time.
- Wrote and received grants totaling $250,000 over 3 years to fund various innovative educational programs.
Curriculum Specialist at Kentucky Department of Education, KYJul 2015 - May 2019
- Wrote and implemented a new curriculum for the district that was successfully piloted in 10 schools.
- Led the development of an online professional learning community for teachers which had over 1000 members.
- Researched and wrote grants totaling $1.5 million dollars to support implementation of new curriculum programs.
- Trained 150 teachers on how to use the new curriculum effectively.
- Defined and created assessment tools to measure student growth under the new program.
Master of Education in Curriculum and Instruction at University of Kentucky, Lexington, KYAug 2011 - May 2015
I have learned how to design and implement curriculum and instruction in a way that is effective and engaging for students.
- Curriculum Development
- Instructional Design
- Educational Technology
- Learning Theories
- Distance Learning
email@example.com | (263) 736-9001 | Bennington, VT
I am an experienced Curriculum Director with over 8 years of experience in curriculum design, curriculum development, and curriculum implementation. I have worked with various school districts, state departments, and private organizations to develop meaningful and effective curricula that align with national and state standards. My experience includes working with teachers, administrators, and other stakeholders to develop and implement comprehensive curricula that meet the needs of their students. I have a strong background in both traditional and technology-driven instructional models and have used my knowledge and experience to create effective and engaging learning experiences for students of all ages. I am highly organized and possess excellent communication skills which are essential for successful curriculum development.
Curriculum Director at Vermont Technical College, VTApr 2022 - Present
- Led the development of curriculum for a new school district-wide initiative that was successfully implemented in all schools.
- Worked with stakeholders to develop and revise curricula for English Language Arts, Math, Science, and Social Studies courses.
- Wrote grant proposals that resulted in over $1 million in funding for new educational programs.
- Led professional development workshops on effective instructional strategies for teachers across the district.
Assistant Curriculum Director at Vermont State Colleges, VTAug 2019 - Mar 2022
- Led the development and implementation of a new curriculum for the district which resulted in an increase in test scores by 5%.
- Authored or co-authored 3 textbooks used in the district.
- Trained 50+ teachers on effective teaching methods.
- Created 4 professional development courses for teachers.
- Presented at 2 national conferences on education topics.
Curriculum Specialist at Vermont Independent Schools Association, VTSep 2015 - Jun 2019
- Wrote and implemented new curriculum for districtwide use that increased standardized test scores by 3%.
- Led professional development sessions on the new curriculum for 200 teachers.
- Created instructional materials to support the new curriculum.
- Monitored student progress and provided feedback to teachers on areas of improvement.
- Analyzed data to identify trends in student learning.
- Collaborated with administrators, teachers, and parents to develop individualized education plans (IEPs) for students with special needs.
Master of Education in Curriculum and Instruction at University of Vermont, VTAug 2011 - May 2015
I have learned how to design and implement curriculum, how to assess student learning, and how to use data to inform instruction.
- Curriculum Development
- Educational Leadership
- Instructional Design
- Learning Theory
- Teacher Training
- Classroom Management
- Behavior Management