Writing a great credit manager resume is important because it is one of the first things a potential employer will see when they are considering you for a position. It is your opportunity to make a good first impression and sell yourself as the best candidate for the job.
Create your resume
Select from 7 professional resume templates
If you're looking for inspiration when it comes to drafting your own credit manager resume, look no further than the samples below. These resumes will help you highlight your experience and qualifications in the most effective way possible, giving you the best chance of landing the credit manager job you're after.
email@example.com | (113) 345-8972 | Bismarck, ND
I am a Credit Manager with over 5 years of experience. I have worked in both small and large businesses, and have gained a wealth of knowledge in the field. I am an expert in credit risk management, and have a proven track record in reducing bad debt levels. I am also experienced in developing new credit policies and procedures, as well as implementing them effectively. In addition to this, I possess excellent communication skills which allow me to build strong relationships with clients
Credit Manager at USAA, NDJun 2022 - Present
- Streamlined the credit approval process, reducing the time from 5 days to 2 days.
- Reduced delinquencies by 10%.
- Negotiated better payment terms with vendors, saving the company $100,000 per year.
- Trained and developed a team of 4 credit analysts.
- Implemented a new customer scoring system that improved accuracy of risk assessment by 20%.
Assistant Credit Manager at Navy Federal Credit Union, NDAug 2017 - Apr 2022
- Negotiated and implemented a new credit scoring model which increased the number of approved accounts by 20%.
- Led a team of 4 analysts in developing a monthly report on account receivables for management. This process saved the company $4,000 per month in labor costs.
- Trained 2 new employees on the credit department procedures.
- Reviewed and updated the credit policy manual to reflect changes in industry best practices.
- Resolved 100% of customer complaints within 24 hours.
Bachelor of Science in Business Administration at University of North DakotaAug 2013 - May 2017
I've learned how to manage my time, how to work in a team, and how to communicate with different types of people.
- Credit analysis
- Financial statement analysis
- Risk assessment
- Credit scoring models
- Loan underwriting
- Portfolio management
firstname.lastname@example.org | (403) 617-1823 | Detroit, MI
I am a credit manager with over 5 years of experience in the industry. I have extensive knowledge of credit analysis and risk management. I am a highly motivated individual who is able to work independently and as part of a team. I have excellent communication and interpersonal skills, which allows me to build strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders. I am passionate about my work and take pride in achieving positive outcomes for my clients.
Credit Manager at Capital One, MIJun 2022 - Present
- Cut losses by 20% in first year as Credit Manager.
- Reduced number of late payments by 30%.
- Negotiated better payment terms with 3 major suppliers.
- Collected on $1M worth of previously written-off accounts receivable.
- Implemented new credit scoring system that improved approval rates by 5%.
Assistant Credit Manager at Chase, MISep 2017 - Apr 2022
- Negotiated and restructured $1.5 million in commercial loans.
- Resolved a backlog of 200 customer disputes, resulting in a 95% satisfaction rating.
- Developed and implemented a new collections process that increased payment rates by 20%.
- Led training sessions for 10 credit analysts on loan restructuring techniques.
- Reviewed and approved 300 loan applications totaling $45 million.
Bachelor of Science in Business Administration at University of MichiganSep 2013 - May 2017
Some skills I've learned are: critical thinking, problem solving, data analysis, and effective communication.
- Financial analysis
- Risk management
- Credit policy
- Portfolio management
- Financial modeling