Writing a great creative designer resume is important because it is one of the first things a potential employer will see when they are considering you for a position. It is your opportunity to make a good first impression and sell yourself as the best candidate for the job.
Create your resume
Select from 7 professional resume templates
If you're looking for inspiration when it comes to drafting your own creative designer resume, look no further than the samples below. These resumes will help you highlight your experience and qualifications in the most effective way possible, giving you the best chance of landing the creative designer job you're after.
email@example.com | (938) 573-7063 | Anchorage, AK
I am a creative designer with over 5 years of experience in the industry. I have worked on projects for clients such as Coca Cola, Pepsi, and Red Bull. My skills include graphic design, web design, and video editing. I am also proficient in Adobe Creative Suite applications such as Photoshop, Illustrator, and After Effects. In addition to my work experience and technical skills, I have a strong sense of creativity that allows me to think outside the box when it comes to designing solutions for my clients.
Creative Designer at Artistic Impressions, AKMar 2022 - Present
- Led a team of 5 designers in developing an innovative new product design that was successfully launched in the market and achieved sales goals.
- Created award-winning designs for 2 major international clients, resulting in increased brand awareness and recognition.
- Implemented a new design process that reduced development time by 20% while maintaining quality standards.
- Authored 3 articles on design trends that were published in industry leading magazines.
- Delivered 10 presentations on creativity and design at national conferences.
Associate Creative Designer at Graphic Details, AKAug 2017 - Mar 2022
- Led a team of 4 in designing an advertising campaign that generated $2.5 million in sales.
- Created a design for a new product line that increased company profits by 10%.
- Redesigned the company website, which led to a 20% increase in web traffic.
- Won 3 awards for creative excellence from industry leading organizations.
- Designed and implemented a social media marketing strategy that grew followers by 30%.
- Led training sessions on design software for fellow employees.
Associate of Arts in Graphic Design at University of AlaskaSep 2012 - May 2017
I've learned how to design graphics using various software programs, how to use design principles to create effective visuals, and how to think creatively to solve problems.
- Adobe Creative Suite
- User Experience Design
- User Interface Design
- Graphic Design
firstname.lastname@example.org | (821) 198-1672 | Portland, ME
I am a creative designer with over 5 years of experience in the industry. I have worked on a variety of projects, from small businesses to large corporations. My skills include branding, identity design, web design, and print design. I am a strategic thinker and an expert at solving problems creatively. I have a strong work ethic and always put the needs of my clients first.
Creative Designer at Ripley and Sons, MEMar 2022 - Present
- Led team of 4 in designing 200+ page catalog.
- Conceptualized and created 30 web banners per month.
- Redesigned company website, increasing traffic by 20%.
- Developed 5 successful email campaigns, each with open rates exceeding 35%.
- Ideated and executed 3 social media contests resulting in a reach of over 100,000 people.
Associate Creative Designer at Johnson and Johnson, MEAug 2017 - Jan 2022
- Led a team of 5 designers in creating the visual design for a new website that received over 1 million unique visitors in its first month.
- Created an email campaign that resulted in a 20% increase in sales.
- Designed a trade show booth that won Best of Show at 3 major industry events.
- Led a brand refresh project that increased brand awareness by 15%.
- Developed and implemented style guides for 2 major brands.
- Won multiple awards from Graphic Design USA, AIGA, and The One Club.
Associate of Arts in Graphic Design at Maine College of Art, Portland, MEAug 2012 - May 2017
Some skills I've learned are typography, photography, color theory, layout, and branding.
- Adobe Photoshop
- Adobe Illustrator
- User Interface Design (UI)
- Graphic Design