Writing a great contract specialist resume is important because it is one of the first things a potential employer will see when they are considering you for a position. It is your opportunity to make a good first impression and sell yourself as the best candidate for the job.
Create your resume
Select from 7 professional resume templates
If you're looking for inspiration when it comes to drafting your own contract specialist resume, look no further than the samples below. These resumes will help you highlight your experience and qualifications in the most effective way possible, giving you the best chance of landing the contract specialist job you're after.
email@example.com | (178) 152-8964 | Charleston, WV
I am a Contract Specialist with over 4 years of experience in the field. I have worked on a variety of contracts, from small to large scale projects. I am knowledgeable in all aspects of contract management, from negotiation to administration. I am an expert in drafting and reviewing contracts, as well as troubleshooting any issues that may arise throughout the duration of the contract. I have excellent communication skills and work well with others to ensure that all parties are satisfied with the final product
Contract Specialist at Dunbar Armored, WVJun 2022 - Present
- Negotiated and awarded $2 million in contracts for goods and services.
- Reviewed bids from vendors and selected the most advantageous offer.
- Led contract administration team of 3 specialists.
- Monitored contractor performance to ensure compliance with contractual obligations.
- Wrote 5 contracting plans, 4 Statements of Work, and 6 Request for Proposals.
Contract Specialist II at Loomis, WVAug 2018 - Apr 2022
- Negotiated and awarded a $1.2 million contract to ABC Corporation for the purchase of goods.
- Negotiated and awarded a $3 million contract to XYZ Corporation for the purchase of services.
- Led a team of 6 in the negotiation of a $5.6 million contract with LMNOP Incorporated.
- Successfully negotiated terms on 12 different contracts worth over $10 million total.
- Awarded "Employee of the Month" 3 times.
Bachelor of Science in Contract Specialist at West Virginia UniversityAug 2014 - May 2018
I've learned how to administer and manage contracts, how to negotiate and how to understand the laws and regulations that govern contracting.
- Contract law
- Contract negotiation
- Contract management
- Legal research
- Writing skills
- Communication skills
firstname.lastname@example.org | (288) 384-9353 | Newark, NJ
I'm a Contract Specialist with over 4 years experience in government contracting. I have a strong understanding of the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) and how to apply it to procurements. I've been successful in negotiating favorable terms and conditions for my agency while protecting their interests. My attention to detail ensures that all contract documents are accurate and compliant.
Contract Specialist at World Wide Technology, NJMay 2022 - Present
- Negotiated and executed $100 million in construction contracts.
- Led a team of 15 contract specialists in the negotiation and execution of 100+ high-value contracts.
- Successfully negotiated complex terms and conditions with vendors to save the company millions of dollars.
- Authored standard operating procedures for the contracting department that are still in use today.
- Implemented an electronic document management system that reduced paper usage by 75%.
Contract Specialist II at The Cheesecake Factory, NJAug 2018 - Apr 2022
- Negotiated and awarded a $5.2 million contract to ABC Corporation for the purchase of 100 widgets, resulting in a cost savings of 10% compared to the government’s estimated price.
- Led the development of a new contracting process that saved the agency $200,000 per year by reducing administrative costs.
- Successfully negotiated 20+ complex contracts with vendors, totaling over $10 million annually.
- Some possible accomplishments for a Contract Specialist II:.
- 1. Negotiated and awarded a contract worth X amount to Y company/vendor (could include numbers on how much was saved through their negotiation skills).
- 2. Implemented or developed Z process or system that resulted in saving time/money for the organization.
- 3. Saved XYZ dollars through their creative thinking while working on problem A.
- 4. Was able to increase productivity by doing B which then helped department C achieve D goal etc...
Bachelor of Science in Contract Specialist at Rutgers University, NJSep 2014 - May 2018
Some skills I've learned are: time management, working with a team, writing contracts, and using Microsoft Office.
- Contract negotiation
- Contract administration
- Legal research
- Risk management
- Project management
- Financial analysis