Writing a great contract negotiator resume is important because it is one of the first things a potential employer will see when they are considering you for a position. It is your opportunity to make a good first impression and sell yourself as the best candidate for the job.
Create your resume
Select from 7 professional resume templates
If you're looking for inspiration when it comes to drafting your own contract negotiator resume, look no further than the samples below. These resumes will help you highlight your experience and qualifications in the most effective way possible, giving you the best chance of landing the contract negotiator job you're after.
firstname.lastname@example.org | (993) 779-7144 | Kansas City, MO
I am a contract negotiator with over 4 years of experience. I have successfully negotiated contracts for both small and large businesses. I have a proven track record of saving my clients money while still getting them the best possible terms. I am an expert at negotiating win-win deals that benefit both parties involved.
Contract Negotiator at American Water, MOApr 2022 - Present
- Negotiated and executed a $1.2 million contract with an international software company.
- Led the negotiation team that secured a $3 million contract extension with a major client.
- Successfully negotiated 10% reduction in spend for annual maintenance contracts.
- Achieved 15% decrease in costs for enterprise-wide office supplies agreement.
- Renegotiated rates resulting in 20% cost savings on copier paper.
Associate Contract Negotiator at Spire, MOSep 2018 - Mar 2022
- Negotiated and created 50+ contracts with outside vendors, resulting in an annual savings of $100,000 for the company.
- Wrote proposals for 5 major projects that were approved and resulted in a total revenue increase of $1 million.
- Developed a new contract negotiation process that saved the company 10% on all future negotiations.
- Negotiated 3 complex international deals that increased profits by 20%.
- Successfully resolved 100+ contractual disputes without litigation.
Juris Doctor at Washington University in St. Louis School of LawAug 2014 - May 2018
I have learned to research and analyze legal problems, write clearly and concisely, and advocate persuasively.
- Contract law
- Negotiation tactics
- Time management
email@example.com | (277) 986-0765 | Bennington, VT
I am a highly experienced contract negotiator with over 4 years of experience working in the field. I have successfully negotiated countless contracts and have always been able to achieve favorable terms for my clients. I am extremely knowledgeable about all aspects of contract law and negotiation, and I also have a keen understanding of business principles. This allows me to not only negotiate better deals, but also advise my clients on how to protect their interests during the contracting process.
Contract Negotiator at General Dynamics, VTJun 2022 - Present
- Negotiated a $2 million contract with an international client, saving the company 10% over the previous year's costs.
- Led negotiations for a new five-year $5 million contract with a key supplier, resulting in a 20% cost savings.
- Successfully renegotiated our lease agreement, reducing monthly expenses by 15%.
- Negotiated the purchase of office furniture and equipment at a discount of 30%.
- Was able to secure discounts from vendors averaging 12%, which saved the company thousands of dollars per year.
- Successfully negotiated contracts with 3 different suppliers, which resulted in annual savings of $300k.
Contract Negotiator II at Northrop Grumman, VTJul 2018 - May 2022
- Negotiated and executed 50+ contracts with an estimated total value of $100 million.
- Successfully negotiated complex terms and conditions with vendors, suppliers, and other third-party contractors.
- Saved the company an average of 15% on annual spend by negotiating favorable contract terms.
- Authored standard template contracts for use in future negotiations which shortened negotiation time by 30%.
- Led training sessions for new negotiators on best practices for effective contract negotiation.
Juris Doctor at University of Vermont School of LawSep 2013 - May 2018
I have learned how to read and analyze statutes, cases, and regulations; how to conduct legal research; and how to write clearly and persuasively.
- Contract negotiation
- Contract law
- Business administration