Writing a great computer instructor resume is important because it is one of the first things a potential employer will see when they are considering you for a position. It is your opportunity to make a good first impression and sell yourself as the best candidate for the job.
Create your resume
Select from 7 professional resume templates
If you're looking for inspiration when it comes to drafting your own computer instructor resume, look no further than the samples below. These resumes will help you highlight your experience and qualifications in the most effective way possible, giving you the best chance of landing the computer instructor job you're after.
email@example.com | (939) 807-7689 | Wilmington, VT
I am a computer instructor with over 5 years of experience teaching others how to use computers. I have a wealth of knowledge in different software programs and hardware devices, and I enjoy passing this knowledge on to others. My students always tell me that they appreciate my patience and clarity when explaining things, as well as my ability to make complex concepts easy to understand. In addition to teaching, I also have experience troubleshooting issues for both individuals and businesses.
Computer Instructor at Green Mountain Technology Alliance, VTMay 2022 - Present
- Taught computer classes to students of all ages and abilities.
- Created curriculum for and taught after-school program in basic computer literacy.
- Taught evening adult education courses in Microsoft Office applications, Intro to Computers, and web design.
- Led professional development workshops for teachers on integrating technology into the classroom.
- Assisted school district with roll-out of 1:1 initiative by training staff on laptop usage and maintenance.
Assistant Computer Instructor at Vermont Technical College, VTSep 2017 - Apr 2022
- Trained 50 new students in computer usage and software applications.
- Led weekly lab sessions for groups of up to 15 students.
- Maintained a 95% satisfaction rating from student evaluations.
- Wrote and implemented 4 new curriculum modules based on changes in technology landscape.
- Updated course materials for 3 existing courses to reflect latest industry trends.
- Assisted senior instructor with grading assignments and exams.
Bachelor of Science in Computer Science at University of Vermont, VTSep 2012 - May 2017
I've learned how to design, implement, and test algorithms and software systems.
- Computer Basics
- Operating Systems
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Google Apps
- Social Media Platforms
- Basic HTML and CSS
firstname.lastname@example.org | (630) 145-5746 | Omaha, NE
I am a computer instructor with over 5 years of experience. I have taught students of all ages and levels, from beginners to those who are already proficient in the use of computers. My lessons are well-organized and tailored to meet the needs and abilities of each individual student. I am patient and able to adapt my teaching methods to suit different learning styles. My goal is always to help my students learn as much as possible so that they can be confident users of computers
Computer Instructor at Nebraska Wesleyan University, NEMar 2022 - Present
- Taught an average of 12 computer classes per semester.
- Created and taught a new course on basic HTML and CSS.
- Helped students one-on-one with projects outside of class for an average of 2 hours per week.
- Wrote a grant proposal that was awarded $5,000 for new computers and software in the lab.
- Led a team of 4 other instructors in revising the curriculum for all computer courses offered.
- Presented at 3 national conferences on effective ways to teach introductory computer courses.
Assistant Computer Instructor at Union College, NESep 2017 - Jan 2022
- Trained 20 new employees on computer software.
- Taught a group of 30 students how to use Microsoft Word.
- Led a team of 5 people in creating a database.
- Wrote a manual on how to use Excel which was distributed to 100 employees.
- Created an online tutorial that received 1000 views in the first week.
- Presented at a conference on using technology in the classroom.
Bachelor of Science in Computer Science at University of Nebraska-LincolnAug 2012 - May 2017
Some skills I've learned are programming languages, such as Java and Python; software development tools, such as Eclipse and Git; and databases, such as MySQL.